News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Recent Forum Topics on Boardindex For 2.0.x

Started by Pipke, May 05, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello!

Today I installed a new mod that makes the forum responsive, but the Recent Forum Topics mod shows up really screwed... So I was wondering if you could make it so it's responsive as well?

Thanks!

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on April 22, 2015, 01:14:40 PM
Hello!

Today I installed a new mod that makes the forum responsive, but the Recent Forum Topics mod shows up really screwed... So I was wondering if you could make it so it's responsive as well?

Thanks!

wich mod you talking about and where can i see the screwed things you get, you have screenshot ? or link to site?
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pipke

Quote from: margarett on April 22, 2015, 02:44:06 PM
Pipke: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535720.0
;)

thx Bruno for that.

ok i installed this mod i dont see any weird things sofar?
as i dont have any clue what responsive is doing atm, ill wait for some 'screwed' screenshot or link where i can see the problem from Gryzor or someone else :)
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

margarett

Try to resize your browser and shrink it so that the responsive stuff kicks in and see how it looks ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gryzor

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long (went to bed :D ).

Here's what it looks like. Admittedly, I've got to do further testing to check if its this mod's issue or not...

Thanks for the response!

Btw, the forum is located at www.cpcwiki.eu/forum .

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on April 22, 2015, 01:14:40 PM
Hello!

Thanks!
Quick fix: as i'm updating the mod with many more functions, i dont update the mod now and wait for my next big update release.

in RecentForumTopics.template.php
Find:

<th scope="col" class="first_th" width="8%" colspan="2">&nbsp;</th>';

Replace with:

<th scope="col" class="first_th hidden" width="8%" colspan="2">&nbsp;</th>';

Find:

<th scope="col" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>

Replace With:

<th scope="col" width="15%" class="hidden">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>

Can you confirm all is ok now, if still any probs let me know?

Gryzor

Ahhhhh great!!!! Thanks so much :)

It's not perfect (see screenshots - it leaves a blank at the right), but that's a detail, we can wait for the update!

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on April 23, 2015, 09:53:47 AM
Ahhhhh great!!!! Thanks so much :)

It's not perfect (see screenshots - it leaves a blank at the right), but that's a detail, we can wait for the update!

you forgot this edit then i think? cos it will hide the last blank colum.
Find:
<th scope="col" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>

Replace With:
<th scope="col" width="15%" class="hidden">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>

Gryzor

Uhhh... No idea how I didn't do that, I'm *certain* I did both replacements!! Thanks for pointing that out, it's nor perfect :)

roshaoar

Super mod, thank you for sharing it with the community.

One thing, it has a few issues on 2.0.10 with responsive curve installed. As you resize the page, the text doesn't have icons to switch to so they show as missing, and also some of the columns don't behave nicely. Can you give any hints as to which css and php files I'd want to tweak?

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

margarett

@roshaoar, I think that Pipke did that 5 posts above yours...

roshaoar

Quote from: Pipke on April 23, 2015, 07:57:56 AM

Thanks Pipke, works for me. Can you advise, how would I change "Recent Forum Topics" to just "Recent Topics?"

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

Pipke

Quote from: roshaoar on April 27, 2015, 06:39:06 AM
Quote from: Pipke on April 23, 2015, 07:57:56 AM

Thanks Pipke, works for me. Can you advise, how would I change "Recent Forum Topics" to just "Recent Topics?"

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

in Themes\{your_theme}\languages\RecentForumTopics.english-utf8.php and RecentForumTopics.english.php

change this line--> $txt['rft_name'] = 'Recent Forum Topics'; to your likenings wich is in your case 'Recent Topics'

so this

$txt['rft_name'] = 'Recent Forum Topics';

to this

$txt['rft_name'] = 'Recent Topics';

roshaoar

Thank you very much Pipke. I'm sorry, I'm new, didn't know those language files controlled the text boilerplates.

roshaoar

Different thing now.

I installed English.british as my default; could this be why I'm getting many errors in the logfile like:

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forums/index.php? 8: Undefined index: current_board
File: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 883

Do I need to edit English.british to stop this?

many thanks,

-Johan

Pipke

Quote from: roshaoar on May 03, 2015, 08:57:48 AM
Different thing now.

I installed English.british as my default; could this be why I'm getting many errors in the logfile like:

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forums/index.php? 8: Undefined index: current_board
File: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 883

Do I need to edit English.british to stop this?

many thanks,

-Johan

I could be wrong but as far as i know Display.template.php has nothing todo with this mod as my mod uses hooks only and doesnt modify the Display.template (any) file at all. You have to find the solution somewhere else to solve your error.

roshaoar

Fair enough, but I get the errors when I install the mod and none with it uninstalled again. it's even worse now with some other mods in. Clearly there must be conflicts there, but other than here I don't know where to post or how to start resolving it...

roshaoar

Hello Pipke,

I'm having a horrible time getting this mod working.

I get 32 errors everytime I try and go to the forum index, this is 3:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Johan
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 31.48.57.95   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 12:00:35 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session c90e3605675550061474c59b28671c27
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined 

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forumstest/index.php?

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message

8: Undefined index: current_topic

Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file

File: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 1019

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session c90e3605675550061474c59b28671c27

8: Undefined index: current_board

File: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 1018

8: Undefined index: current_board

Line: 1003 

It doesn't behave anything like I'd expect it to: see http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forumstest/index.php
This is a board with the same mods added before adding this: http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forums/index.php
When I'm logged in I see a topic (screen attached)

I'm sure it's a conflict with one of these, do you recognise anything incompatible?

1. Image Floating to Left or Right BBCode 1.11   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. SMF Articles 3.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Custom BBCodes Manager 1.10   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. List Of Users In Topic or Board 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. SMF Links 3.0.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Bookmarks 2.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Add Table, Td, Tr Button 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. EXIF Mod 2.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. OASLT - Only Admins See Load Time 1.2.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Add Favicon.ico Support 1.101   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. dQuoteSelection 2.5 b2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Enhancements to reattribute posts 1.5.7   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. SMF Gallery Lite 5.5a   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. Remove Topic: From The Thread Title 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. Custom Report Mod 2.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. BBCode with style 1.4.10   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Highslide Image Viewer 1.7   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
18. @mention members 1.1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
19. Avatar Rounded Corners 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
20. Memberlist Additional Alphabet 2.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
21. Integration Hooks Report 1.5.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
22. Say Thanks 1.3.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
23. Sortable Packages (and Installed Time) 1.3.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
24. News Letter Mod for SMF2 1.25   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
25. Enhanced PM System 2.8   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
26. Signature Option Post 1.1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
27. Additional Topic Authors 0.1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
28. Admin Notepad 2.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
29. Post and PM Inline Attachments 3.1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
30. DevCenter 0.4.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
31. New Topic Button 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
32. Annoy User 1.2.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
33. Semasa - Surfer's Live Local Time 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
34. PHP Information Mod 1.0.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
35. Drafts 2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
36. Copy Topics 1.6   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
37. SMF Theme Changer 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
38. Country Flags 2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
39. Ohara YouTube Embed 1.2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
40. Block Email Usernames 0.4.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
41. Thumbnail Topic Mod 2.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
42. Remove Post Modified Time 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
43. MDLT: Manage Default Linktree 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
44. MicroData SEO Linktree 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
45. Topic Solved 1.1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
46. Sorted Package Manager Listing 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
47. Member Notepad 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
48. Poll Moderation Logging 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
49. No Attachment Limits For Membergroups 1.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
50. Restricted Debugging 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
51. Prevent Topic View Increase by Author 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
52. Default Avatar 2.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
53. Responsive Curve 1.0 Beta 3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
54. Search Focus Dropdown 1.6.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
55. CLAAN - Clickable Login Avatar & Name 1.2.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
56. Google Analytics Code 1.5.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
57. Force Topic Read On Login Mod 2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
58. Join Reason 1.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
59. RSS Feed Icon 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
60. Sorted BBCode List for SMF 2.0.x 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
61. My Posts SMF2 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
62. Edit All Message Titles 0.1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Help?

roshaoar

Just wanted to add, with debug on I get this above the board:

Notice: Undefined index: topic_solved in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Sources/Display.php on line 234
Notice: Undefined index: current_board in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Sources/CustomReport/CustomReportCore.php on line 88
Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Sources/Display.php on line 1042
Notice: Undefined index: child_level in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Sources/Display.php on line 1043

This in:
Notice: Undefined index: current_board in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 707

And this below:

Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 162
Notice: Undefined index: current_board in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 163
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 165
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 166
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 167
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 168
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 169

then I get the weird single post. Then:

Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 812
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 814
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 815
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 816
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 817
Notice: Undefined index: current_board in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 818
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 818
Notice: Undefined index: current_topic in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forumstest/Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 819

I do have the info centre commented out (I'd rather have yours!), but I uncommented it and that didn't change anything. I have no doubt that it could be my clumsy source edits that are responsible. are there any files that I could attach that would help you see what the issue might be, where I might be going wrong?

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

Advertisement: