SQL databases crash common.

Started by Yazar8, May 29, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yazar8

Well yesterday I went to sleep, my forum was fine and when the morning comes I see that my sql table is crashed, forumsettings, I decide to tranculate it, since repairing doesn't work, so guess what? Then I get an error about the forum members table, so I look at my sql db and I see that 10 tables are crashed at once, what the hell? This also happened at February and I had to restore a backup from December, I added a cron job to backup my database every 12 hours. Guess what? That backup didn't help at all because it overwrote the broken db to the working one.

So what I complain about here is that why do my sql databases crash so common? What is the reason and what can I do about it? Because restoring backups is a pain in the ass and I am fed up loosing posts.

Few days ago before this incident I had an error on the forumgroups table, I think that's the one or I am wrong, I don't know. I couldn't repair it so I tranculate it too and today this occured, can they trigger eachother?

What can I do to prevent these crashing mysql databases issue? It is getting on my nerves. Is there a reason for that to happen?

I will have backups every 12 hours now, plus on Monday, Wednesday and Friday plus a weekly backup, so I will have 3 backups, but I want to know how can I prevent these completely.

Arantor

If your tables are crashing frequently you should ask your host.

Advertisement: