News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

tumbler

Started by Mick., June 18, 2014, 01:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to the theme

tumbler is a professional custom theme. It also has built-in social, links, About Us and much more.  This theme uses CSS3 so may not work in all browsers,

Terms of use :

This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authors copyright.

Demo: tumbler Demo

Mike66

Cracking theme ...... I really like the layout :)

Can you help me increase the forum width please? My forum has a lot of images in posts that are 1000px wide, so I'm getting a horizontal scroll bar under them.

I'd like to increase the forum width to 1300px, keeping it centred in the browser and still have that dark blue border round it please?

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

I've tried the usual increasing of px in the CSS and using a % value, but I can't seem to keep it centred and the border doesn't fit?

Best wishes
Mike

Deaks

.wrapper
{
   width: 990px;
   margin: 0 auto;   
}

change the width to 1300px
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mike66

Thanks ..... I tried that first, but it sits to the right instead of centred and the dark blue border is then too small?

Best wishes
Mike

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mike66

I've put in a screenshot above, as the theme is not running as default at the moment.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

There you go, I've enabled a theme changer mod at the bottom of the page so that you can view Tumbler and I've currently got it set at 1300px

Link = http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/

Best wishes
Mike

Deaks

Ok I had a wee look, and cant see whats wrong so here is a shot in the dark until I get back fae the pub

in .wrapper add

padding-left: -100px;

hopefully it will move it left a wee bit if it does increase the amount till looks right for you

If not ill play with it this weekend.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Mike66

No change with that I'm afraid. Plus there's that border frame resize to fix too.

Thanks for your help and enjoy your night out!

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Would it have something to do with the main area being locked to the left hand and upper side of the surrounding dark blue border frame?

I haven't experienced a problem with the wrapper like this before.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Found it  :) .......... I changed that border ( main_border ) to 1300px to match the width and everything is now looking great!

The only thing that I need to work out now is how to add a link to the gallery.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Sorry, I meant an icon link at the top for the gallery ................

Deaks

wohoo i just logged on and had files open well done.

That would be subs.php in sources :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Mike66

I haven't come across Sprites before, so I've really no idea how to add a camera icon or whatever for the gallery, or how to make that a link to the gallery.

Best wishes
Mike

Deaks

best bet is asking in a new topic as this is not theme related. :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Mike66

Thanks for your replies Bryan ..... I'll see what I can learn about Sprites :)

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Hmmm ...... got there, in a sort of roundabout way ;D

I replaced the feed icon with a camera and then changed the action to gallery :-[

I guess I'll have to study this whole Sprites thing a bit more if it's going to become common practice.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Where does the theme notify you of new PM messages? I thought it would do this in the "Hello member" section, but it isn't.

Best wishes
Mike

Deaks

should do it by default turn on pm notify or their are some mods that add some extra ways
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: