Too many errors spamming all the way.

Started by Yazar8, July 18, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yazar8

I wanted to see how big my mysql database was so I did a check at it and noticed it was 500mb. It's usually something around 30-40mb.

Anyway looking at the mysql db tables I noticed that it was logging too many errors and that caused the mysql db to get really big. So I pruned all errors which was something around 200,000 errors, I was happy. I refreshed the page and bam, I got 75 more errors, and this happened in a matter of refresh. By the time I started writing this topic It has generated around 300 errors.

Anyway hopefully my forum works fine, but the error I get is:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.domain.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: minWordLenApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/domain/public_html/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php (eval?)
Line: 21

Reverse chronological order of list Today at 10:29:00 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 52fc9d17c5138f7fabca808b60a29b44
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined

How can I fix this?

Justyne

Alrighty,

in order for anyone to help with this we need your forum version and a list of all mods you have installed. Also tell us which theme you are using.

When you look at your 300+ errors are they all the same? Or different ones?

And is this new? If you recently installed a mod and this started happening afterwards, uninstall it to test if the errors stop coming in.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Illori

Admin -> Server Settings -> Disable evaluation of templates
Then post any new error messages without eval in them

Shambles

Also, confirm that you no longer (think you) have this mod:

Minimun Characters or Words Mod

Yazar8

My version is: SMF 2.0.8

Mods:

SimplePortal

Users Online Today

YouTube BBCode

Using a custom edit of scratch made by dzinerstudio

All errors are same, the link and the user causing the error can change but the error is always same.

I didn't install any mods at a close time, I also tried changing my theme to the core theme and It's still same.

The evaluation of templates was unticked, I ticked it now.

I don't know if I ever had that mod (minimum characters or words mod) I can't find anything about it at the admin panel.

It's serious lol, by the time I submitted the topic the error count increased to 18k.

Justyne

It looks like you have some bits and pieces of that mod left but I am not familiar enough with its design to give you a guess where to start looking for leftover pieces.

You could start looking into this by downloading the mod, checking which files it changes and then taking a look at those files to remove what was added.

I assume you don't want to grab a fresh set of files and reinstall your theme and mods.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

margarett

Shambles is right, that error
QuoteUndefined index: minWordLen
is related to the MOD he mentioned.

It's likely the MOD was installed at some point and maybe the package was deleted without proper uninstall.
Can you try to follow its manual installation instructions by reverse order and see if any of its content is in your files?
Eg: do you have this:

//Minimun Characters or Words Mod
$txt['minWordLen'] = 'Minimum words per post';
$txt['minwords_mod'] = 'words';
$txt['minChar'] = 'Minimum characters per post';
$txt['minchars_mod'] = 'characters';
$txt['minmod_zero'] = '0 for no minimum.';
$txt['minAdminLen'] = 'Ignore the minimun characters or words of Admins';
$txt['minCountQuote'] = 'Count the Words and Characters Between [QUOTE] BBCode';
$txt['error_minWordLen'] = 'The message does not meet the minimum word requirements (' . $modSettings['minWordLen'] . ' words).';
$txt['error_minChar'] = 'The message does not meet the minimum character requirements (' . $modSettings['minChar'] . ' characters).';

in your Modifications.english.php?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Yazar8

I didn't know I had that mod, apparently another admin installed it, I uninstalled it and now all errors are gone.

margarett

There 'ya go ;)

Marked as solved for you, let us know if you need further help ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Yazar8

I forgot to say thanks! Thanks to everyone who has helped. Yeah you may mark this as solved.

Advertisement: