MDLT: Manage Default Linktree

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, July 22, 2014, 12:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

MDLT: Manage Default Linktree

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. This mod will help you modify your linktree as follows:
   (a) Remove the line above linktree;
   (b) Put the linktree in a square box overiding the above;
   (c) Put the linktree in a round box overiding all of the above;
   (d) Hide the forum name in the linktree;
   (e) Hide the category name in the linktree.
   (f) Hide the top linktree in the message index only;
   (g) Hide the top linktree in the post / display only;
   (h) Hide the top linktree in all pages overriding all of the above.
   (i) Hide the bottom linktree in message index only;
   (j) Hide the bottom linktree in post / display only;
   (k) Hide the whole linktree in index / frontpage only;
   (l) Hide the whole linktree everywhere completelyoverriding all of the above.
3. You will be directed to its settings page immediately upon its successful installation.
4. There is nothing fancy about this mod but just to accommodate those who need it for their own reasons.
5. You can test it in lower SMF 2.0 version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep author's link if it is in there somewhere. ;)

Updated in response to this topic: How do I Remove Tree Link on Top.

beanflying

8) Two thumbs up. Just saved me a bunch of code bashing unlike the last forum I set up.
Owner of many many shiny toys.

roshaoar

Lovely mod... but I get 1000s of entries in the error logs with it in 2.0.10:

Quotehttp://extreme-macro.co.uk/forums/index.php?
8: Undefined index: mlt_hide_message
File: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forums/Themes/default/index.template.php
Line: 371

same with mlt_hide_alltop

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

This mod haven't been look into for quite sometimes and I am quite sure that there is no error reported earlier. Undefined means that the said mod settings are not defined properly. But they supposedly has already been defined in Modifications.english.php. First, check the said, if the modification made by this mod is already defined in there. If not, please uninstall and reinstall the mod. Report, if the error still persists.

roshaoar

Thanks ahrasis - yes, the error persists. But I'm thinking it maybe because I've installed English.british as the default language...

roshaoar

update - wasn't it. I replaced the contents of \Modifications.english_british.php with the contents of \Modifications.english.php but same error. Weird because they're definitely in \Modifications.english_british.php

Ok then. I will try to look into it and see whether this error can be replicated and fixed.

roshaoar

There is a missing !empty right before ($modSettings['mlt_hide_message']) and ($modSettings['mlt_hide_alltop']) in the modification for index.template.php. Change that to !empty($modSettings['mlt_hide_message']) and !empty($modSettings['mlt_hide_alltop']) (altogether 4 occurences, two each) and the error should be gone.

roshaoar

No problem. I might not be fixing current package as it was a non hook mod. Instead I may upgrade it to hook version in the near future.

Plus, SMF linktree is too "humble" in its stylings. A few smart look for users to choose may be a good mod to create.

Advertisement: