News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Transferring SMF forum to GoDaddy bug?

Started by [IND]Aayush, August 23, 2014, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[IND]Aayush

Hello, so today i just ordered a new hosting & domain for my server. The problem is, in 000webhost (free service which i used before) I installed the forums easily with no problem. But when i shifted to GoDaddy i uploaded all of that to godaddy's ftp and the website didnt work. So i called them and asked them for help the lady talking to me on the phone said that there is no "index.html" file because of that server is not working. So guys can you help me find that file or please help :'(

Thank you! O:)

Mstcool

There is supposed to be an index.php file not index.html.

Did you run repair_settings.php and fix your paths?

What is repair_settings.php?

br360

One of my forums is using Godaddy, and it does have an index.html file in the root as well. The title inside that file is "Domain Default page" and the entire file is related to the plesk panel.

Kindred

1- you don't need index.html.   I help run one site on godaddy and there is no index.html file.
2- you do need index.php -- but your system may also need to be configured you realized that index.php is a valid "default" target.
3- after you move to a new host, you WILL need to upload and run repair_settings.php - because the configuration of the servers will be different.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Some GoDaddy installations have an index.html or home.html in the root which is either part of their scratch account or put there by their installer.  Both of those files will load ahead of the forum's index.php, and bugger the forum.  You should have an index.php with the files you transferred from your previous host.  Delete index.html, run repair_settings.php, make sure the new database info is correct.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: