Cannot connect to Database

Started by Frobisher, August 29, 2014, 02:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frobisher

My new Forum which was installed about 18 days ago has been working fine and that includes today.

When I tried to go to the Forum about an hour ago, I got the following message.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Logged into my Hosting Account and went to mySQLadmin. When I click on Manage I get the following error.

#1129 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

Please help.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

detercan

You better call your hosting support :) They will fix it... Thats just because ur smf software cannot connect database. It seems not avaible.

Frobisher

Contacted my Hosting Company and because I have a legacy account they cannot give me telephone support. I have raised a ticket which may take up to 24 hours to get a response to.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

detercan

This is a hosting problem not software thats why you have to wait for 24 hours. As long as the database is not working smf software cannot connect there.

Frobisher

Yes, I realise it is not an SMF issue. The reason I having to wait up to 24 hours is because of the legacy hosting. account I have. Just received an email from my Hosting company. I will check it out.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Frobisher

The Host has not been of any help so far >:(

My concern is that someone has or is trying to hack the Forum. Possibly, one of the new Users has create an excessive amount of errors trying to log in to their Forum account. Could this be the cause of the database not being accessible (too many errors)?

The associated website and the Forum require a User Name / Password before a User can get to the login screen for the Forum.

The Host asked me to go to the following URL.

http://phpmyadmin.domain/

Tried that and got the same error.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Frobisher

Just tried getting to my Forum again and it is now working :) Not heard anything else from the Host.

I hope that it was just the database server that had gone AWOL. Time will tell.
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

detercan

Sometimes hosting can update and we all have same problems lol :) Im happy ur forum is working again.

Advertisement: