News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick-Reply box size

Started by w4rkr4f7, November 26, 2014, 07:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w4rkr4f7

Hello ,how can I make smaller Quick-Reply box size  as default for all users ?
Thank You

Kindred

in what respect?

(and, just to confirm, since you actually gave NO details at all in your post -- what version of SMF are you asking about?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

w4rkr4f7

obviously I'm talking about Beta version

Kindred

no obviously...   many users can not seem to find the right place to post, despite clear markings.

You also did not clarify your question... so we still have no idea what you are asking...

do you mean set the quick reply to minimized for all users?
or do you mean "change the size of the actual quick reply box"?
or do you mean something else?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

w4rkr4f7

"change the size of the actual quick reply box"

or activate quick reply box only if a member is clicking on "Quote" button

thanks in advance

Kindred

ok, now you are mixing and matching and still not being clear.

Change the size HOW? shorter? narrower?

Those are essentially THEME questions

but then you talk about "hiding it"
(and note, I believe that we specifically removed the option to "shrink" the quick reply - it was determined that a significant number of the users ALWAYS use quick reply and got confused when it was hidden)

in which case - it would still be a theme question, but it would be a custom theme/mod design to add the option back in
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

#quickreplybox controls the whole area. Editor size is controlled in JS file but you can force with #quickreplybox .sceditor-container

Antechinus

Why is editor size controlled in a js file? :P

Illori

because the editor's author decided to do it that way?

w4rkr4f7

for a "Quick" reply box is way too big ,few lines is enough because if a user want to post a whole store is using Post Reply function

Nevermind ,I have found where to modify height for quickReply box.

stmaxx

Usually the size of any text field can be changed via the CSS files, but in your case it will be the height of that text area, Give me a few and I'll get back if If I can find the snip to change, this will be done in you theme, so you need make certain you want to do this. Now if it can only be done in Jscript then, that's not too cool, but II'll check on the and get back!

stmaxx

OK...it's like said, in the jquery and the element size seems a bit large, this could be set to the height:126 or so and would look much better IMHO.

element.style {
    height: 226px;
    width: 869px;
}

Note I know this marked solve, but the size still needs to be looked in to!     But not a big thing!

Steve

Quote from: w4rkr4f7 on November 27, 2014, 02:54:44 AM
for a "Quick" reply box is way too big ,few lines is enough because if a user want to post a whole store is using Post Reply function

I disagree. I use the quick reply almost exclusively ... why should I have to load another page when the quick reply is right there? I'd want it large enough to see what I'm doing when posting.

But it's your forum and whatever works and looks best to you is what you should do. :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: