Trying to Upgrade to 2.1, but Keep Getting Stuck at the Same Spot During Upgrade

Started by br360, December 06, 2014, 09:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

I am trying to upgrade to 2.1, but everytime I get to "Executing: "Membergroup icons changes" (16 of 40)", it stalls out on me; and I get the "Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again"

I have pressed the "here" link a few times, even started from scratch a couple of times, and it seems to be going ok- until I get to that part.

The site is currently using 2.0.6 (it's just a test site). Does it matter if the site isn't currently on the latest 2.0x version before upgrade?

Anyway, just checked my logs, and saw this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/mysite/public_html/mysite.com/upgrade.php(2581) : eval()'d code on line 14

Here is line 14 from upgrade.php-

11.* @version 2.1 Beta 1
12. */
>>>14 // Version information...
15.define('SMF_VERSION', '2.1 Beta 1');
16.define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.1 Beta 1');
18.$GLOBALS['required_php_version'] = '5.3.8';
19.$GLOBALS['required_mysql_version'] = '4.0.18';

My only guess is that the test site is running a php version of 5.3.27, but I would think I would have gotten a different error if that was the case. Also, I have 2.1 set up on another test site with the same 5.3.27 php version, and that is working just fine. ( MySQL version is 5.5.37)

vbgamer45

It would be line 2581 in upgrade.php looks like it from the error message.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I had same problem at same step, but I was going from 2.0.9 to 2.1.0, you're coming from a much older one, but it ended up being a typo in the upgrade execution file, read this other thread here and see if what I did will work for you...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=530543.0

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Antes

br360

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help. Antes, that link you posted worked like a charm, and the upgrade took like 30 seconds. ;)

Thank you. Just a head's up though- the original large upgrade package I used came from SMF's own download page here- http://download.simplemachines.org/

Arantor

Yeah, it's not rebuilt every time Github is updated - part of the point of having a set package is so that there is a consistent benchmark to work off.

Antes

I'll ask Oldiesmann to add GitHub pack as Nightly, so people can take bigger risk :P and test newest packs.

Arantor

Surely you could just get people downloading direct from Github for that?

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on December 06, 2014, 10:38:39 PM
Surely you could just get people downloading direct from Github for that?

Yeap, I'm not gonna ask him to write a build script to get nightly packs etc... too much work :P just a simple link on download page.

GleamPlay.com

Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

Advertisement: