Quick Upload

Started by Elmacik, October 14, 2005, 09:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmacik

Link to Mod

This mod will make it very easy to upload files when posting, directly from your site to free hosts like RapidShare,
YouSendIt... Totally 10 free hosts.
Script is tested many many times using SMF 1.0.5 - SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public - SMF 1.1 RC1 - SMF 1.1 RC2 (will also work with 1.0.6 and 1.0.7) and,
all operations were successfull (installation, uninstallation and usage) Hopefully will work with older versions, as it wont ask package manager to find lots of codes. I worked just with little strings.
It works with built-in themes. (SMF Default and Classic YaBB SE Themes)
Note: This mod never conflicts with any other one..
Thanks goes to Ivan Minic who suggested to make a mod like this.

Every SMF user can use Quick Upload :) Yes, its compatible with all the SMF versions.  Mod is tested with the most used browsers.. (IE 6 - FF 1.5 - Opera 8.5)
How to apply to other themes?
Just add the line I gave above, to your Post.template.php file. If your custom theme doesnt contain one, then you it installed on that theme anyway ;)
(To put into the Additional Options like me, add the code after:

<div id="postMoreOptions">
)

Thanks to webdeveloper.com for helping me and w3schools for trying to help me :P

Here are the screenshots:
Home of Elmacik

dtm.exe

Escobar

THIS IS BRILLIANT.

I don't have alot of disk-space, so it's nice to have this feature.

By the way Jay, there is a similar mod for ImageShack.
Look in the mod archive.
I run smf 1.05, and the ImageShack mod works perfectly.
I chose SMF because you get your questions answered.

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Mabba

Well, WOW, great, many thanks.
Gruss
Mabba
SMF 2.0.9

Elmacik

so glad if its really usefull for you :)
Quote from: JayBachatero on October 14, 2005, 10:46:14 PM
Nice.  Lets see if I put it in my forum.  It woul dbe nice having the same thing but for imageshack.  also where are the link to download displayed in the post?
there is an imageshack mod for that thing. it works fine and my mod doesnt conflict with it.
i was thinking to add imageshack to my mod but thought it would be unrespectfull to that mod writer.
(actually he is using the codes which imageshack gives for use in forums; when you try to post something, you have to wait your forum to connect to imageshack first to be able to see the upload section. but if i had wrote, i would have used form actions.. though, its still nice to use his mod)

edit: as in imageshack, download link is not automatically displayed in the post. user have to c/p.
maybe it could be done to automatically get the download link into the post without opening a new page but i think this requires the original codes of free files hosts .. :-\
Home of Elmacik

guppy

Quote from: elmacik on October 16, 2005, 12:37:47 AM
user have to c/p.
maybe it could be done to automatically get the download link into the post without opening a new page but i think this requires the original codes of free files hosts .. :-\

erm.. what's c/p?

Elmacik

you will upload the file through your forum and a new window will open thats telling you the download link of the file you have uploaded.
you will copy that link and paste into your post :)
Home of Elmacik

Moshik Barak

Messenger: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
SMF-IL.Biz - SOON! - קהילת הפורומים SMF העברית בקרוב מאוד!, דרושים אנשים שיעזרו להקים את הקהילה, לפרטים צרו קש&#15

ViV

Gr8 Mod Bro.... I do have Image Shack Mod installed... but Image Shack is only for Images.... but with RapidShare etc... one can even upload and host audio and video files. Bro.... is it possible to add Megaupload option also in the list... and if yes, then how do we do it..??

Escobar

Quote from: ViV on October 20, 2005, 05:10:56 AM
Gr8 Mod Bro.... I do have Image Shack Mod installed... but Image Shack is only for Images.... but with RapidShare etc... one can even upload and host audio and video files. Bro.... is it possible to add Megaupload option also in the list... and if yes, then how do we do it..??

Yeah, I'll second that...
Is it easy to code in new upload sites?

Or does each use a different sort of code setting?

huijaa

Can you make it in:
<option value="Rapidshare.de">Rapidshare.de</option>
<option value="Momeshare.de">Momeshare.de</option>
<option value="Yousendit.de">Yousendit.de</option>
<option value="zUpload.com">zUplad.com</option>
<option value="Upload2.net">Upload2.net</option>
<option value="Ultrashare.net">Ultrashare.net</option>
, can't you?
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Escobar

Quote from: huijaa on October 20, 2005, 07:24:37 AM
Can you make it in:
, can't you?

Wow! Have you tested that huija?
By adding in a new site.
Looks really easy...but somehow I doubt it.
Guess I'll wait for the mod author's opinion as well.

huijaa

I've not tested...

I'll wait for a newer- or 'option'-version of this mod.

Maybe building a new page with database in? One of these sites can be a dead link or a newer link.
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Elmacik

Quote from: huijaa on October 20, 2005, 07:24:37 AM
Can you make it in:
, can't you?

umm.. a nice option it would be to put the hosts in a dropdown menu, i will work on it. but not sure if i can really do as the codes above wont work if i put. because they will just open the main page of that sites.
and i know, i suppose you put them just for an example. as i said, i will try it...

Quote from: ViV on October 20, 2005, 05:10:56 AM
Quote from: Escobar on October 20, 2005, 07:24:07 AM

Yeah, I'll second that...
Is it easy to code in new upload sites?

Or does each use a different sort of code setting?

yes, its not that hard to add new hosts.. really very easy :) if i can make the thing we spoke above, i will try to add other hosts (like megaupload)
Home of Elmacik

timmyo

this MOD sounds ideal for me - but the gz file is reporting as corrupt . . . could it be checked? Thanks

sxwk12

I have this installed, now how do I get it to show up?

sxwk12

timmyo

Quote from: sxwk12 on October 20, 2005, 03:06:52 PM
I have this installed, now how do I get it to show up?

sxwk12

any chance you could e-mail me the file - the one I have is corrupt  >:( ?

timmyo

also, have you used the 'Package Manager' in the admin area of SMF - I think that is how you activate it . . .

sxwk12

Yeah, I used the Package Manager. it said it installed fine. But when I open up a message, I don't see the links. All I see is just the regular reply box.

Send me your email and I will send this to you.

sxwk12

Advertisement: