Problem with Package Manager.....

Started by dougiefresh, January 01, 2015, 03:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

I've been having a problem with my website, specially viewing attachments as a guest with a board that is not public.  I'm here in the United States and my friend over in the Netherlands thought it might be an issue in the SMF core coding....  I thought it was a mod causing problems.  In order to eliminate the mods as a source, I uploaded a fresh copy of SMF 2.0.9 over the forum software (obviously after making a backup first).  Problem NOT solved....  (but that's not what I'm dealing with now)

So I went into the Package Manager.  That's when the problems started....  Nothing was installed.  Mind you, I didn't wipe the package log, so all the mods should've shown up as installed....  Restored my backed up files and all packages remained uninstalled, according to Package Manager.

So I wiped the files, the package logs, then reuploaded the core SMF files again.  Applied 150 mods and tried to install the last one and.... poof...  all the mods were once again uninstalled, according to Package Manager.

I checked phpMyAdmin and the logs are still there....  So WTF?!?

How do I get Package Manager to show that the mods are installed?  And yes, they are installed....

Chen Zhen

So I wiped the files, the package logs, then reuploaded the core SMF files again.  Applied 150 mods and tried to install the last one and.... poof...  all the mods were once again uninstalled, according to Package Manager.

dougiefresh,
I will assume your numbers are literal. So when you had 149 mods installed the package manager was fine but when you installed the final 150th mod things went awry? This is what you appear to be saying with the above statement in which case that last mod caused an issue. Uninstall the last mod, does it fix the issue? What was the last mod installed that caused the issue?

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Shambles

Illori

i wonder if you are hitting a max for that table/column?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Chen Zhen on January 01, 2015, 03:36:42 PM
dougiefresh,
I will assume your numbers are literal. So when you had 149 mods installed the package manager was fine but when you installed the final 150th mod things went awry? This is what you appear to be saying with the above statement in which case that last mod caused an issue. Uninstall the last mod, does it fix the issue? What was the last mod installed that caused the issue?

Regards.
Quote from: Shambles on January 01, 2015, 05:02:03 PM
Have you tried the "Fix Packages" tool?
Like I said, no mods are showing to be installed.  So I can't uninstall what SMF says isn't installed.  The "Fix Packages" tool shows nothing installed, and everything that was installed shows as "December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM" within the "Fix Packages" tool.

Quote from: Illori on January 01, 2015, 05:31:23 PM
i wonder if you are hitting a max for that table/column?
The field is a "int(10)".  I don't see how it could've exceeded 2,147,483,647 installs....  I cleared the table before installing mods again...

Kindred

There is no realistic limit... I have had as many as 250 mods installed at once
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

Well, I've decided to try to build the forum's entire website again, this time on a localhost.  I'll transfer it once I get it done....  Man, this is just a pain...

Night09

Is it possible a faulty mod is making the server rollback because data isnt saved correctly or corrupt and it resets the database?

Shambles

Matter of interest, is one of your 150 mods the "Sorted Package Manager" mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=875

I had a whole heap of trouble with this, where it showed just the avatar packs and nothing else. Just sayin'

Steve

Sorry to go off-topic but I found this quite amusing :P

Quote from: Kindred on January 01, 2015, 07:58:43 PMI have had as many as 250 minds installed at once

/OT
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

damned autocorrect.

On the sorted package manager mod -- I use it on 4 sites with no issues...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: