News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

how to remove help menu from smf?

Started by danster, January 07, 2015, 02:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danster

hello any one know how to remove help menu button from smf menu items

i'm using smf version 2.09

Kindred

first question is why...

However, the answer is in Subs.php, just comment out the help button in the button array.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Yup. All the menu buttons have id's, so you can target them by CSS if you want to avoid hacking Sources. Just add this to the end of your index.css file:

#button_help {display: none;}

You can do the same thing with #button_search, #button calendar, etc. :)

Arantor

You realise that doing it in Sources saves bandwidth and is faster on the CSS, right? ;)

Antechinus

Yeah I know. You do realise that newbies have a terrible habit of causing parse errors in Sources file, and then panicking, right? ;)

Which was largely why we wanted to introduce more CSS options in the first place. Makes it easier on the Support crew. :D

Anyway, either will work. Good to have choices.

Arantor

Yes, I'm aware of this. It was more me being cheeky about the whole thing of micro-optimising CSS performance ;)

Antechinus

Wot?!?! You mean you're teasing me about my penchant for efficient CSS?!?! You bastard! I'll need therapy to get over this. :P

Arantor

No worse than any teasing you'd give me over efficient PHP, you know :P

Antechinus

Hey it's always worse when I'm being teased. Teasing other people is fun. :P

danster

edit php file is difficult for me so please have any mod installation for remove help button.?

Antechinus

Just use the CSS tweak I gave you. No need to edit any PHP.

Steve

Amazing what a quick search at the mod site will turn up, eh danster? ;) :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Ask in the support thread for that mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danster

Quote from: Antechinus on January 07, 2015, 03:39:25 PM
Yup. All the menu buttons have id's, so you can target them by CSS if you want to avoid hacking Sources. Just add this to the end of your index.css file:

please tell me,where can i find the index.css file in the smf 2.09 i mean location.. for add this..

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

danster

Quote from: Antechinus on January 07, 2015, 03:39:25 PM

i try this and i just add #button_help {display: none;} to the end of index.css file in the themes/css/index.css file but
help button still remain.

Advertisement: