Packages have disappeared from browse packages

Started by ViewFromTheBoundary, January 22, 2015, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViewFromTheBoundary

I hadn't checked the package screen for a while as I was happy with them but I wanted to test out a new mod I was planning to add however when I came to the browse package screen there were no mods there. They all still work but in the "Packages" file the actual mod file isnt there?!?

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

margarett

Meh, I can't understand why that happens. Just 2 weeks ago another member had a similar issue.

The packages show up in the list as long as they are in the "Packages" folder. You could remove the "installed.list" file, you can empty the "smf_log_packages" table, whatever. The MODs *ALWAYS* show on the list as long as they are in the Packages folder. You loose the "installed" status, yes, but the MOD is always on the list...

So the only possibility I see is that, for some reason, SMF fails to read the content of that folder...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

So what exactly is in the Packages/ folder in the server?

ViewFromTheBoundary

-Backups folder
-.htaccess
-index.php
-installed.list

Arantor

So the display is right... no files in there, that's why nothing is showing up in the browse packages page.

Did you delete the packages? Another admin who might have done so?

ViewFromTheBoundary

No I havent deleted any of the packages and Im the only admin?

Bruce the Shark

Did you back up. I would go back a few days and see if there is anything in there.

margarett

Quote from: ViewFromTheBoundary on January 23, 2015, 06:08:28 PM
-Backups folder
-.htaccess
-index.php
-installed.list
Which proves me right. If no packages are in their folder, they are not shown. AFAIK SMF doesn't remove them by any means (except, of course, someone chooses to do so) so anyone actively did it...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ViewFromTheBoundary

Thats what I dont understand, I'm the only admin and I've not removed them. Would going through the admin log be any use?

EDIT - I've looked through the logs and there are only the packages I removed because I didnt need back in November, there is no record of any of the others being deleted

Is it possible just to manually reupload the packages to the server, I tried it with one of the mods and that is now back in the list

margarett

It is, yes. If you remember all mods that you have, cool ;)

ViewFromTheBoundary

Illori

Quote from: ViewFromTheBoundary on January 24, 2015, 06:47:59 AM
They are all in the installed list  ;)

they should not be. in 2.0 they are not put in that file. they were in 1.1.* but not in 2.0. in 2.0 that file should hold a timestamp and nothing else.

ViewFromTheBoundary

I am totally lost as to why thats happening then as my first SMF install was 2.03

ViewFromTheBoundary

Sorry for the double post but here is a screenshot of it

margarett

So it seems it's all good now? ;)

You can also check the table log_packages that shows you mod information, including install and uninstall date. In your case, you are interested in packages that don't have uninstall date ;)

ViewFromTheBoundary

Thats the install list, they arent currently in the browse package list as I've not had chance to reinstall them yet.

ViewFromTheBoundary

Sorry to restart this again but I've been uploading the packages back to the server to get back to where I was. However when I try to uninstall the mod it says

"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!!"

The files are set to 777 so why would it say that?

margarett

Use 644 for files and 755 for folders.
Check that Packages is writable and that the ownership of that folder and everything inside. Since you uploaded them via FTP, they might get a wrong owner. IF that's the case, nudge your host, there's something misconfigured on their end...

ViewFromTheBoundary

The package is set to 755 but the same message is still coming up.

Advertisement: