MPAAP - Modify Posts At Anytime Permission (Fullly Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, February 15, 2015, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

MPAAP - Modify Posts At Anytime Permission

- For SMF 2.0.x
- Fully using hook, no file modification.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. By default, forum members are usually not allowed to modify their post after certain time.
3. This mod will allow user from group(s) with this permission to modify their post beyond that time.
4. Permission is on board basis and is assignable by forum admin at the permission page.
5. You can test it in all lower SMF 2.0.x version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep original and current authors' link(s) if it is in there somewhere. ;)

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.1
- Fully hook.

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

BellGab.com

Hi.  Members on my forum are allowed 60 minutes to edit their posts. I would like to be able to create a new membergroup and allow that particular membergroup to have a different time limit, but still a limit.  Is it possible you could update this mod to allow a separate time limit to be applied to a membergroup?  This mod currently allows a membergroup unlimited editing, but I'd like to be able to apply a time limit, just a different one than is currently applied to regular users.

If you'd modify it to support this, I'd be willing to send you $30 via paypal.

There is this mod which does what I'm looking for, but it's been abandoned for a long time. 

Thanks for your consideration.  I love your mods.  Actually, I'm using a few of them on my forum currently, and I especially love the one that gets rid of all of the icons and doodads.  Really cleans up the look of the forum.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

It is better for you to offer that to the mod author. As I can see, that mod could work in 2.0 with minimal fixes.

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on December 11, 2015, 12:53:23 PM
It is better for you to offer that to the mod author. As I can see, that mod could work in 2.0 with minimal fixes.

K, I'll try that.  It's just that your mods have always run so well on my forum, so I have faith in you, heh heh.

gevv

Hi,

@Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail   It works in version 2.1.1 but there is a problem with permissions.

There is no option to edit only own messages
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

Advertisement: