• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Super Simple Thread Tags

Started by WadaNon, February 15, 2015, 05:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: WadaNon on August 21, 2015, 01:40:59 AM
Oh wow. Sorry for that. I just remembered that about the mod. I said that I would get a new version few months ago but work, uni and life stuff came so fast that I completely forgot about it until now that I checked my mail (I have a separate mail for this forum, so...).

I got a new PC and well... I trashed the old drive with the code of the new version. I'm so sorry.

btw do you guys still want the hashtag thing?

No worries, I completely understand!
and I'd at least appreciate the #thing if you have the time?

.. & sorry, did 1.2 include the mod integration thing?  ???
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

WadaNon

Quote from: 420Connect.co.uk on August 22, 2015, 04:39:00 PM
-quote-
No worries, I completely understand!
and I'd at least appreciate the #thing if you have the time?

.. & sorry, did 1.2 include the mod integration thing?  ???

I knew something was missing :/ The update only does the SSI.php edits.

I'll look at that mod thing and the hashtag. I don't promise an eta though. We know how it would end ;)
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

420Connect.co.uk

 ;) No worries and thanks again!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

GenesisMUGEN

Sorry to bug ya, love the mod, but on my forum it has one error that I can't seem to fix: the tags show while inside the topic, and when doing a search, but not in topic view.

During install it had trouble with the change to MessageIndex.template.php, which i semi-ignored because I'm an idiot :P

I looked at what it was having trouble with (sadly I forgot now), and whenever i tried to add the code, i'd get a blank page which from what I understand means there's an error? So I removed it and here I am....

WadaNon

Quote from: GenesisMUGEN on August 24, 2015, 09:11:57 PM
Sorry to bug ya, love the mod, but on my forum it has one error that I can't seem to fix: the tags show while inside the topic, and when doing a search, but not in topic view.

During install it had trouble with the change to MessageIndex.template.php, which i semi-ignored because I'm an idiot :P

I looked at what it was having trouble with (sadly I forgot now), and whenever i tried to add the code, i'd get a blank page which from what I understand means there's an error? So I removed it and here I am....

Can you upload your MessageIndex template or the relevant parts of it? It's probably a conflict with an edit that the theme you use or another mod did.
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

GenesisMUGEN

Sure thing. I had assumed it was the theme.


WadaNon

Here you go.
* takes note on making that search a bit less specific *
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

GenesisMUGEN

Awesome! Thank you so much.

You have no idea how perfect this mod is for my site :P

DJ Omnimaga

This mode is very nice and I like the future Simpleportal/SSI integration idea. It would be nice if tags also showed up anywhere including SimplePortal Recent Topics blocks. :)

WadaNon

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 02, 2015, 12:54:13 AM
This mode is very nice and I like the future Simpleportal/SSI integration idea. It would be nice if tags also showed up anywhere including SimplePortal Recent Topics blocks. :)
What idea? The update is live :P
The tags should show in SimplePortal's blocks since I edited SSI to include them unless I missed something and they don't actually show because I didn't tested (too lazy to dl SimplePortal) >_>
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

DJ Omnimaga

Weird, because for me the tags do not show up at all in SimplePortal blocks. The [tag] content is stripped off with this update, but it won't show the tags.

d3vcho

Succesfully tested on my forum and it's very nice.

Congratulations.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

WadaNon

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 05, 2015, 12:27:03 AM
Weird, because for me the tags do not show up at all in SimplePortal blocks. The [tag] content is stripped off with this update, but it won't show the tags.

Can you try this in SSI.php (do this with all instances of this search)?
Code (Search) Select
$row['subject'] = $threadTags[0];
Code (Replace) Select
$row['subject'] = $threadTags[0] . $threadTags[1];
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

DJ Omnimaga

YAY! That fix worked. The tags even show up in a custom recent posts PHP block I am using. Thanks for the update. :)

Do you think the fix will be included in the next update?

GenesisMUGEN

Hey it's me again!
Just wondering, would it be possible in a later update for capitalization? I notice everything is lowercase even if my tags were typed in uppercase. OCD organization :P

WadaNon

Quote from: GenesisMUGEN on September 19, 2015, 09:07:01 AM
Hey it's me again!
Just wondering, would it be possible in a later update for capitalization? I notice everything is lowercase even if my tags were typed in uppercase. OCD organization :P

You can do this in Subs.php
Code (Search) Select
$tag = htmlspecialchars(strtolower($tag));
Code (Replace) Select
$tag = htmlspecialchars($tag);

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 06, 2015, 12:50:49 PM
YAY! That fix worked. The tags even show up in a custom recent posts PHP block I am using. Thanks for the update. :)

Do you think the fix will be included in the next update?

Probably. I did the original update thinking that SimplePortal used the links that SSI already made and not generating the links on its own. I'll have to rethink how to approach it without making a mess.
No to support PMs and spam, yes to everything else :D

GenesisMUGEN


crazyASD

To add cyrillic and other non-latin characters to tags, just change:

Subs.php

$tag = htmlspecialchars(strtolower($tag));
To:
$tag = mb_strtolower($tag, 'UTF-8');

acsieben

Hi,
Tags with spaces don't get processed as they should. I'm trying to get people to use underscores between terms, but it's kind of tricky to do.
Thanks for this mod!

Advertisement: