News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF error

Started by Yazar8, March 16, 2015, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yazar8

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 347

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 348

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 352

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/avttdm/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 353
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Deaks

well if server is busy nowt we can do, however need more info did this just happen randomly? did it happen if you made any changes in code? did you uninstall a mod? did you install a mod?

Providing the error with nothing else doesnt help us help you.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Bruce the Shark

Just a rough shot in the dark here but i seen something similar to this before regarding an unsupported media file.

Yazar8

The error popped randomly, after sending this topic it got fixed, but then just now it started again.

Deaks

server busy is a host issue, means the server you are on is getting alot of traffic, out of curiosity who is your host?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Yazar8

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 17, 2015, 12:36:20 PM
server busy is a host issue, means the server you are on is getting alot of traffic, out of curiosity who is your host?

godaddy

I noticed this happens only at these hours (right when I posted this)

margarett

Quote from: Yazar8 on March 18, 2015, 12:09:02 PM
godaddy
I was expecting you said that. Well, it's godaddy, nothing much to say...

Find yourself a non-oversold host and this problem goes away.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Deaks

yeh im with margarett, I had feeling you were going to say godaddy, godaddy is not as good as they like to claim they are, they are oversold and have many restrictions, that you dont know about, specially if your site begins to grow.  To be honest Yazar8, their is not much we can do for this as its a godaddy issue if they did not cram their servers with as many clients as they can then you wouldnt be getting this issue.  Best advice and support we can give is advise you move from godaddy, look at the hosts in paid hosting section, t hese hosts dont oversell, personally I use GC Solutions and have never had any issues, bit pricier but you pay for what you get and with GC you get ALOT.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Yazar8

Actually I don't think this is go-daddy related. The error only occurs sometimes and when I'm trying to view my PMs.

Kindred

And why would that mean that the issue is not related to the crappy host?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

Quote from: Yazar8 on March 22, 2015, 09:44:04 AM
Actually I don't think this is go-daddy related. The error only occurs sometimes and when I'm trying to view my PMs.

Yazar8, we see this issue ALOT with godaddy and other similar hosts, we are 99% confident your host is a large part of the issue.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: