News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sorting posts in forum

Started by ranjan_hjp, April 09, 2015, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranjan_hjp

Dear friends I have installed smf 2.1 for my forum,  but I am not able to find post sorting option. Please help me how to set post in descending order. I mean newest reply should come first.

br360

Do you mean you want the newest posts in a thread to be on top when someone opens that thread?

If so, its admin>>configuration>>Current Theme>>Member Options

Then you will see a link that says "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" Click on that link and look for "Show most recent posts at the top in topic view." and check that.

***Edit- that option will enable it for new members and guests. For anyone that is already a member before you make the change, they would have to go to-

Profile>>Look and Layout, and then check the same "Show most recent posts at the top in topic view" setting in their own profile.

Are you sure you should be using 2.1 though, as 2.0.9 is currently the newest stable release.

ranjan_hjp

Thanks alot brother. Yes I am using 2.1 beta version. I have to stick to it because I don't know how to downgrade to lower stable version.

Kindred

If you just set up the forum, then delete the 2.1 installation and instal 2.0.9 from clean...

You should not be using 2.1 on a production site... And if you are, you had better know how to debug and code fixes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: