New and improved Joomla compatible discuss bot (4.1 beta 5 released 11-14-05)

Started by chadness, October 18, 2005, 01:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

Quote from: chadness on November 12, 2005, 08:54:22 PM
Do a search and replace in the discussbot file and change every instance of "textwrap" to "textwrapper".  Should be lines 287 and 391.

Thanks that, fixed it.

HoTmetal

I hate to sound dumb, but what does this do? Does anyoen have a demo/live site where I can see it in action??thanks in advance rickC

chadness

Check http://aim.aiiresources.com.

The purpose of this is to have discussions connected to your content items.  What it does is put a link in your article that will bring the user to a forum post for that specific article in the board you specified.  If the forum post doesn't exist yet, it will create it.

Usage : {mos_smf_discuss:Board Name} into any content item. Of course, replace "Board Name" with the actual name of the board in which you wish for the discussion to take place.

Other features include:

• The ability to automatically add links to all articles.  You can also use {mos_smf_discuss:no_discuss} if you have set it up to auto insert and you don't want it to show in a particular item.
  • The ability to have the link only show on the full article, not on the intro only front page.
  • The ability to see the posts from the forum at the bottom of the article.
  • The ability to have a quick reply box at the bottom of the article to add posts to the forum.

HoTmetal

Quote from: chadness on November 13, 2005, 01:17:10 AM
Check http://aim.aiiresources.com.

The purpose of this is to have discussions connected to your content items.  What it does is put a link in your article that will bring the user to a forum post for that specific article in the board you specified.  If the forum post doesn't exist yet, it will create it.

Usage : {mos_smf_discuss:Board Name} into any content item. Of course, replace "Board Name" with the actual name of the board in which you wish for the discussion to take place.

Other features include:

• The ability to automatically add links to all articles.  You can also use {mos_smf_discuss:no_discuss} if you have set it up to auto insert and you don't want it to show in a particular item.
  • The ability to have the link only show on the full article, not on the intro only front page.
  • The ability to see the posts from the forum at the bottom of the article.
  • The ability to have a quick reply box at the bottom of the article to add posts to the forum.

Ok that makes sence....thanks chadness, now I have to D/L and play with it....

chadness

I'm releasing 4.1 beta 5.  This beta version adds:

• Fixed a few minor errors (missing variable declarations). Should prevents some errors in your error log.
  • Fixed problem with no default board declared (see below).

Download page
Details page

I'm working on parsing BB code.  We'll see if it ever happens :)

Quote from: kcdude on November 11, 2005, 11:22:49 PM
I tried the 4.1b4 discuss bot and found an issue.  If you don't put something in the "Default discussion board" field in the mambot parameters, the {mos_smf_discuss:xxxxx} is not processed and the content shows the bot tag as entered.  If you put a board name in the "Default discussion board" field, the bot tag is processed as expected and the comment text is generated, however, you're stuck with every content item having the discuss link without going through each article and adding the {mos_smf_discuss:no_discuss} tag.  Can you fix it so we don't have to have a "Default discussion board" and yet still process the tag where we explicitly add the {mos_smf_discuss:xxxxx} tag?

torkil

Parsing BB-code is one thing. How about parsing smiley sets from SMF?  :-X

Right now I have :wow:, :popcorn: and :silly: all over my comments, since they have been posted in the forum. :D

chadness

torkil

Sorry, didn't follow the link to the new thread. This thread should be closed.

SoftDux

I just installed  4.1 beta 4 - Joomla 1.0.3     on Joomla 1.0.12, Community Builder 1.0.2, with SMF 1.1.1, but got the following error.

Warning: main(/home/softdux/public_html/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/softdux/public_html/mambots/content/smf.discussbot.php on line 30

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/softdux/public_html/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/softdux/public_html/mambots/content/smf.discussbot.php on line 30

Any suggestions on this? Even unpublishing it still gave me the error. Only uninstalling it made the error go away. 
  • cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
  • Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
  • Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting
SoftDux- The Leaders in Software
Use the coupon: smf-06 to get 20% off our packages

SoftDux

Wow, quick reply!

I'm not one for using beta scripts on productions sites, but this one seems to work well. Where to give feedback?

My installation is as follows:

Joomla 1.0.12
SMF 1.1.1
Community Builder 1.0.2
discussbot 4.2b1
This all is setup unwrapped: main website on http://www.softdux.com & forum on http://forum.softdux.com

The only two problems I have so far is:
1. I have to use the topic numbers, using the names doesn't work.
2. When a user hasn't logged in yet, and he clicks on the "comment on this article" link, he gets taken to the SMF logon page (shouldn't this be handled with the CB logon form?), and then once logged in, he gets redirected back to my Joomla site, at which stage he has to click on the link again. Is this a bug? Or should I put in a new feature request for it?

Otherwise it's great, thanx :)
  • cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
  • Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
  • Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting
SoftDux- The Leaders in Software
Use the coupon: smf-06 to get 20% off our packages

Orstio

Quote(shouldn't this be handled with the CB logon form?),

With the bridge, nothing should ever be handled by the CB login form.

chadness

Quote from: SoftDux on February 10, 2007, 05:55:25 PM
1. I have to use the topic numbers, using the names doesn't work.
Do you use separate databases for Joomla and SMF?

trikos

Seems like the bot i am looking for :)

Hovever, i got one problem: the number of comments is not counted after writing one and adding new comments from the joomla text spawns a new topic ending up in several topics with comments for the same article. I can't figure out what is wrong.

I am using:
Joomla 1.0.12
Bridge 1.1.6
Discuss bot 4.2 beta 1

Edit: problem fixed :)

Advertisement: