[Theme] Splinter Edition Bleu (SMF 1.1 RC1)

Started by Acf, October 19, 2005, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acf

Quote from: Jazhawk on November 20, 2005, 11:13:54 PM
Why doesn't this thing install correctly?  I get no graphics at all.  Is this a manual install type theme?

-Jazhawk

yes it is. You must extract the sebleu dir containg the files. And then place it in your theme directory. after that you need to go to your admin panel. Under Configuration you will find Themes and Layout. If you click on it you will see a screen with Install a New Theme in it. Under it you will find the option "From a directory on the server:" you must enter the adress of the theme here and then press install.

Quote from: dsotmoon on November 16, 2005, 04:33:45 PM
hello, I have installed this and inside the admin area it is stretched out left to right, where you have to scroll a few thousand pixels at least, where can this be adjusted?

edit: sorry i must clarify: this ONLY happens when you click on Manage and Install insdie the admin section, all other admin screens fit properly

I feel like noob but where can i find Manage and Install?
Sigh...

J. Williams

Themes & Layout - (this is one of the links)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Jazhawk

Ok thanx I got it cooking now but whew does it have issues in the admin panel.  Maybe you know this, but when I go into manage the theme the page seems to span a mile in either direction of where the buttons are.  Where do you manage this issue?

-Jazhawk

Acf

Quote from: scs on November 22, 2005, 01:02:03 PM
Themes & Layout - (this is one of the links)

Thanks found it, looks like a IE error i missed it while design in Firefox. Ill look into it tomorrow.
Sigh...

Acf

To stop stretch i delete the style="PADDING-LEFT: 20%" in the td of the Install a New Theme table. Now to find out how to do that in the template  :-X (i don't have a clue yet)
Sigh...

Acf

Ive added a modified Themes.template.php to the zip, the problem should be fixed now :)
Sigh...

dsotmoon

thanks, i will try that

question for you? is there away to use the template as a page outside the forum? like use the left menu column and header as an index page? so i could keep the rest of the site looking like the forums?
Joe
BestThreadEver.com [nofollow]

Acf

Quote from: dsotmoon on November 26, 2005, 09:26:59 PM
thanks, i will try that

question for you? is there away to use the template as a page outside the forum? like use the left menu column and header as an index page? so i could keep the rest of the site looking like the forums?

If you installed the theme, go to it with you browser. Now look at the source code and save it. After this you can remove the forum from the code and put your own code in place of it.
Sigh...

1MileCrash

uhh..that's not a good idea.

any php if's etc wont work. it might show the admin link for someone who isnt an admin, or logout for someone who isnt a guest

just use ssi..

<?php

$ssi_theme 
1;
$ssi_layers = array('main');
require_once(
'SSI.php');
?>

html content here
<?
ssi_shutdown();

?>
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Acf

th
Quote from: Tippmaster on November 29, 2005, 04:59:45 PM
uhh..that's not a good idea.

any php if's etc wont work. it might show the admin link for someone who isnt an admin, or logout for someone who isnt a guest

just use ssi..

<?php

$ssi_theme 
1;
$ssi_layers = array('main');
require_once(
'SSI.php');
?>

html content here
<?
ssi_shutdown();

?>

There are no ifs in html ;) and now admin links if you remove the forum. It just a shell. I wasnt talking about the php source but about the source you can view from any browser.
On one thing you are right if you wand the news to work you need ssi.
Sigh...

1MileCrash

"there are no ifs in html"....that's my point. viewing the source will just give the output. nothing will work right this way. you still want the correct links to disply, and the logout link wont work at all.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Acf

Quote from: Tippmaster on November 29, 2005, 06:26:10 PM
"there are no ifs in html"....that's my point. viewing the source will just give the output. nothing will work right this way. you still want the correct links to disply, and the logout link wont work at all.

logout? i dont see it :S
http://www.yabbse.org/templatecontest/aliencowfarm.png

Quoteand no admin links if you remove the forum.
Sigh...

dsotmoon

Quote from: ªcF on November 29, 2005, 04:15:04 PM
If you installed the theme, go to it with you browser. Now look at the source code and save it. After this you can remove the forum from the code and put your own code in place of it.

thanks, dont know why i didnt think of that,

Quote"there are no ifs in html"....that's my point. viewing the source will just give the output. nothing will work right this way. you still want the correct links to disply, and the logout link wont work at all.

i should have made myself more clear, i was just looking for the html so I would have the look of the forums on other pages, didnt need the funtionality (ie: logout, search, admin links, etc) of the forums on other pages
Joe
BestThreadEver.com [nofollow]

J. Williams

Is it possible for you to make a chat button?
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

4eve®

Advertisement: