Unable to upgrade 2.0.2/2.0.10 -> 2.1b1

Started by KwukDuck, June 10, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KwukDuck

I decided to upgrade my forum to mess around with SMF 2.1
We were still using 2.0.2 so it was time for an upgrade anyway. The upgrade failed so i decided maybe i should upgrade to the latest stable first 2.0.2 -> 2.0.10 this worked fine.
Then after upgrading to 2.1 again it goes to:

Executing upgrade script 2 of 2.
Executing: "Messenger fields" (18 of 40 - of this script)

That's where the party ends, no activity on the server or database
Previous step 12 took over 30 minutes, but it had a lot of database activity so i knew it was working on something, this step however, no activity anywhere, it's been sitting at it for almost 3 hours now.
I'm using quite a large database (900mb) but i'd still expect to see database/disk activity during the upgrade, it really seems stuck at this point.

Any way i can debug this or maybe it's a known problem (haven't found it here..)

KD

Kindred

First and foremost...   2.1 is still in BETA.  This means *** DO NOT USE IT ON A PRODUCTION SITE ***

second... which version did you install? The one form our site here or the one from GIT?   The one currently on our site has hundred of known issues... many of which have been addressed in the GIT version...   Beta2 has not been officially released yet, though.

At this point, I recommend that you restore your 2.0.2 installation and then just upgrade via patches to 2.0.10
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2015, 02:02:50 PM
which version did you install? The one form our site here or the one from GIT?   The one currently on our site has hundred of known issues...

... which begs the question....Why is it still available here then???

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: Drunken Clam on June 11, 2015, 06:36:45 AM
which version did you install? The one form our site here or the one from GIT?   The one currently on our site has hundred of known issues...

Because we have to put some official release build on our site when we do the release :)

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Antes on June 11, 2015, 07:25:56 AM

Because we have to put some official release build on our site when we do the release :)

Then perhaps, in addition to the warning on the download page, a further note with a link to the GIT download should be added?? i.e. Latest BETA available HERE

Which would then hopefully stop people downloading from here and stop you having to ask where they downloaded it from.  ;)

Illori

we would still have to ask them, and especially what date they downloaded it from github as it is being updated frequently. either way we dont win on this.

Antes

Quote from: Drunken Clam on June 11, 2015, 07:50:29 AM
Quote from: Antes on June 11, 2015, 07:25:56 AM

Then perhaps, in addition to the warning on the download page, a further note with a link to the GIT download should be added?? i.e. Latest BETA available HERE

Which would then hopefully stop people downloading from here and stop you having to ask where they downloaded it from.  ;)

While I agree with you on some parts, I think its better to keep nightly builds away from community and ask people to test things betaX to betaY so they can focus on things we show them. Nightly testing is something needs your daily attention, and ofc if you have this time you already find your way to GitHub :)

Drunken Clam

Thanks for your insight Antes and Illori.

Kindred, thanks for your valued input.   ::)

Apologies for going off topic.

Advertisement: