News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Embed Instagram BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, June 23, 2015, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: south_paw on January 06, 2016, 06:58:00 PM
Doug, choice one worked. I haven't tried uploading the mod yet. Gun shy I guess. Any idea what caused the fatal error? What did I do wrong?
Without knowing what you did, it would be impossible for me to know what you did wrong....  :P

south_paw

lol.
I was using the smf package manager and went to install the 1.17 mod update. The 1.16 was already installed. When i downloaded the 1.17, I was warned that this package was already installed and to continue I must delete the existing mod. I thought that was odd because the 1.17 was not installed, only the 1.16 was. So i double checked the file numbers and they were correct. At this point I went and deleted the 1.16 mod as instructed and that is when it went to the fatal error. All of this was done through the SMF software. 

Ninja ZX-10RR

There is a BIG difference between "Delete" and "Uninstall"... Big enough to crash your forum if you don't know what you are doing.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

THE BRA1N

How do I change the default size so that the images don't take up the entire screen?

lagaiphone

If a SMF update doesn't update a particular file, then the version number won't change.   I'm at work right now and can't verify that files version number.
I you want it, you should create it. http://adelestetik.se [nofollow]

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: lagaiphone on January 25, 2016, 10:42:52 AM
If a SMF update doesn't update a particular file, then the version number won't change.   I'm at work right now and can't verify that files version number.

Wrong topic?

Quote from: THE BRA1N on January 25, 2016, 12:53:50 AM
How do I change the default size so that the images don't take up the entire screen?
URL?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

Quote from: THE BRA1N on January 25, 2016, 12:53:50 AM
Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Modification Settings.  You'll see 2 settings:
o Default width used for Instagram bbcode when not specified
o Default height used for Instagram bbcode when not specified

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on January 25, 2016, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: lagaiphone on January 25, 2016, 10:42:52 AM
Wrong topic?
That looked like a quote I had said, so I did a search and BAM!  Word-for-word quote of something I said here....  WTF?!  Is that supposed to be a quote, but the question was forgotten?!

420Connect.co.uk

Dougie-Dougie-Dougie-Dougieeeee!  O:)

I hope you're well and hope that knee is on the mend!  ;)

I'm wondering if you can help with a little bug I've just realised happening..

I have a member who has their social media links displayed in the signature..
trouble is: their insta' url is being parsed, causing a big weird empty part in the signature..

You can see an example here:
http://www.420connect.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2185
(Topic Author's Signature)

could you help stop them being parsed in the sig?  :-\

(I'd do the cheat of breaking the url with bbc, but would prefer to fix it for future cases in advance!  O:))

Many thanks as always!

;)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

Wow, never thought about that situation!  I found the code in Load.php that parses members' signatures and can remove the URL there before it gets parsed.  There is really no other way that I can think to do it....

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 05, 2016, 09:08:30 AM
Wow, never thought about that situation!  I found the code in Load.php that parses members' signatures and can remove the URL there before it gets parsed.  There is really no other way that I can think to do it....

::) Why's it always me that finds weird bugs!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

Well, I personally think that some users deliberately go out of their way to see if they can break something....  It's probably wrong, though  :P  It's always amusing (and sometimes frustrating) to see what they find to break, though.....

Anyways, this is a bug I probably should fix in all my video mods, though....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.18 - March 7th, 2016
o Modified auto-embed code so that Instagram URLs in signature are embedded as [url]{link}[/url].

@420Connect.co.uk: This update should fix this weird bug you found...  :P ::)

420Connect.co.uk

Strange..

I swear I had replied to your previous post (although I have been getting a lot of SMF white screen errors recently, so maybe it never posted or something?)

Anyway - I've just got round to testing it out and whatever you've done seems to have done the trick! :)

Nice one Doug, many thanks as always!

RX

This is a fantastic mod, can't use it now because if users post an Instagram user account instead of a specific post, it will show as content unavailable in the forum. Is there any workarounds for this?

Also, am wondering if there would be any plans to include captions.

dougiefresh

Quote from: pehxinyi on May 12, 2016, 04:56:32 AM
This is a fantastic mod, can't use it now because if users post an Instagram user account instead of a specific post, it will show as content unavailable in the forum. Is there any workarounds for this?
The embed API is per-post, not per-user.  At this point, I really don't know what to recommend.....  Can you give me a link to work with, please?

Quote from: pehxinyi on May 12, 2016, 04:56:32 AM
Also, am wondering if there would be any plans to include captions.
I've modified this mod to include captions automatically for all Instagram tags.  It will be available in the next version.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.19 -September 20th, 2016
o Added captions to the displayed embedded Instagram post.
o Reverted CSS file "padding-bottom" property from 112% to 100%.

Paracelsus

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 20, 2016, 04:27:16 PM
Uploaded v1.19 -September 20th, 2016
o Added captions to the displayed embedded Instagram post.
o Reverted CSS file "padding-bottom" property from 112% to 100%.

Hi dougiefresh, how to install updated version, uninstall the old one first?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 20, 2016, 04:54:32 PM
Hi dougiefresh, how to install updated version, uninstall the old one first?
Yes, you should uninstall the old version first, then install the new version.

Xpresskonami

This mod is having problem with signature in the site. I install the Instagram mod but I discover that my post content is not showing just because I fill some text in my signature through profile. how can I fix this? 

villasg

i have the same issue .
Check your error log for details .
Finaly i remove the mod

Advertisement: