Post Anonymously In Topic

Started by dougiefresh, March 17, 2016, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - March 1st, 2017
o Attempt fix to BoardIndex.template.php display of "Array" string.

@blunted:  I apologize for the delay in answering this question.  I couldn't find anything that would produce the screenshot you PM'ed me, nor could I reproduce the issue you showed me.  So I attempted a fix by checking the variable to see if it is empty....  Maybe this will solve the issue.  I dunno.  Let me know if it does.  Thank you!

blunted

ty sorry for late reply i didnt get a notice. its not a huge issue ill try to install when i get tme
appreciate it!

dougiefresh

@blunted:  Any word on whether this update fixed the issue you saw?  It's only been 2 1/2 weeks since your reply....  O:)

thunderchld

Question:  I am using Custom Forms mod and I'd like to have an "anonymous feedback" option on the page.

I have my board set up, and post anonymously in topic works great - unless the post comes from the form.  If I post directly on the board, everything works. I'm at a lost.

dougiefresh

I'd have to look at that mod and see what needs to be changed in order for it to submit anonymous posts correctly....

thunderchld

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 19, 2017, 04:38:45 PM
I'd have to look at that mod and see what needs to be changed in order for it to submit anonymous posts correctly....

Whoops - Sorry about that. I thought I linked to the mod.  It is Custom Form Mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279

thunderchld

I've been thinking about this. Would it be possible to have a checkbox on the form that the user can check/unchecked to submit anonymously?  If checked, member ID / name becomes 0/anonymous otherwise is their correct information?

dougiefresh

Yeah, that's what I was planned.  Just having had time or energy to do so....

thunderchld

I 100% understand and do not mean to come across pushy. I was thinking on my commute this morning of something more entertaining then my day ahead of me. :D   (The forum I run is for a personal hobby, not work.)

Caseeno8

just downloaded this mod and was successful.  The new settings screen came up and I made my selections and hit save.  Now the new settings screen is no where to be found.  It's gone.  In package manager I see the mod is there.  Anyone have any ideas.  I'm on 2.0.13 using TemiZ theme. That's first mod I installed on my forum.

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

Quote from: Caseeno8 on April 27, 2017, 05:42:33 PM
just downloaded this mod and was successful.  The new settings screen came up and I made my selections and hit save.  Now the new settings screen is no where to be found.  It's gone.  In package manager I see the mod is there.  Anyone have any ideas.  I'm on 2.0.13 using TemiZ theme. That's first mod I installed on my forum.
Yeah, I can duplicate this bug report....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5 - April 30th, 2017
o Added missing admin hook to fix admin settings not showing up.

@Caseeno8:  I fixed this issue.  One of the admin hooks went missing....  Thank you for the bug report!

@thunderchld:  Sorry, I haven't examined your request yet....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.6 - July 5th, 2017
o Updated mod to install correctly on SMF 2.0.14.

thunderchld

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 30, 2017, 12:56:10 PM
Uploaded v2.5 - April 30th, 2017
@thunderchld:  Sorry, I haven't examined your request yet....

No worries!   Sorry, I thought I responded back in April.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.7 - July 7th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o Added anonymous posting support for Custom Form mod.

@thunderchld:  Your feature request has been fulfilled (finally!).  In order to use this feature, you must put a field in your custom forum called "anonymous".  It won't be added to the form itself, but rather used to flag a custom form post as anonymous.....  Let me know if this works for ya....

thunderchld

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 07, 2017, 11:31:12 AM
Uploaded v2.7 - July 7th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o Added anonymous posting support for Custom Form mod.

@thunderchld:  Your feature request has been fulfilled (finally!).  In order to use this feature, you must put a field in your custom forum called "anonymous".  It won't be added to the form itself, but rather used to flag a custom form post as anonymous.....  Let me know if this works for ya....

This is amazing! Thank you.  Is there any specific field type that should be used? Or just any so long as it is labeled "anonymous"?

dougiefresh

Quote from: thunderchld on July 07, 2017, 02:20:05 PM
This is amazing! Thank you.  Is there any specific field type that should be used? Or just any so long as it is labeled "anonymous"?
A checkbox should work nicely.  Or should I add the field to the template, so that it isn't necessary to modify the form data?  Please note that the new code hasn't been tested much, but it should work just fine....

thunderchld

A checkbox works perfect for me actually, so that's fantastic.   I'm actually in the process of re-building my test site, so I'll be happy to test it and get you feedback this weekend. I really appreciate it

thunderchld

A bit behind; but I'm working on getting the mod tested. Thank you again.

Advertisement: