News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Boardnews

Started by Snrj, April 15, 2016, 03:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snrj

Link to Mod

smf board news page

github https://github.com/snrj/boardnews

+Add Spanish_latin and Spanish_latin-utf8 Thanks for Rock Lee [BC]

Boardnews mod by snrj (smf.konusal.com)

Bu Boardnews modu smf.konusal.com yapimidir
License
This modification is licensed under BSD License (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php)

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
The names of the contributors may be not used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

-Rock Lee-

I really find it very interesting what I try on a web test to see how it goes @Snrj I leave the translation to the Latin Spanish I hope you serve anything let me know

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

ormuz

What is this mod? No explanation...

Snrj

Quote from: Rock Lee [BC] on April 15, 2016, 04:05:45 PM
I really find it very interesting what I try on a web test to see how it goes @Snrj I leave the translation to the Latin Spanish I hope you serve anything let me know

Regards!
Thanks for Work :) and added mod. Preview : http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/911/1460952270.png , http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/911/8229681878.png

Quote from: ormuz on April 20, 2016, 07:44:14 AM
What is this mod? No explanation...
İs Mod :) http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/911/9987082574.png Thanks for Comment

bydomi

muy buen mod,aunque mucho no lo entiendo pero esto va en las secciones del foro no??pues ami me gustaria que esto saliera pero en el portal,mismo modelo con las imagenes asi pequeñas

¿¿¿se podria hacer???

Grammy

Can someone please dumb this WAY down for me and tell me exactly what this mod is/does?  The pics aren't really enlightening me.  For instance, why is there a setting for Mac OS, etc.?  What are the images on the mod page, exactly?  Are we talking live feeds?

Please help a confused old lady out.   Talk really slow....       :D   

d3vcho

Quote from: bydomi on April 21, 2016, 05:51:33 PM
muy buen mod,aunque mucho no lo entiendo pero esto va en las secciones del foro no??pues ami me gustaria que esto saliera pero en el portal,mismo modelo con las imagenes asi pequeñas

¿¿¿se podria hacer???

Asegúrate de comentar en inglés, de tal modo que todo el mundo te entienda y así te puedan ayudar :) / Be sure to comment in English so everybody could understand you and then they could help you.

I've translated this mod to Spanish_es with a few modification to Spanish_latin translation. There you go :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Grammy

Quote from: Grammy on June 03, 2016, 08:33:48 PM
Can someone please dumb this WAY down for me and tell me exactly what this mod is/does?  The pics aren't really enlightening me.  For instance, why is there a setting for Mac OS, etc.?  What are the images on the mod page, exactly?  Are we talking live feeds?

I see that the mod author has come and gone.  I hope my question wasn't offensive.   :(

I'm sorry that I'm just not understanding the mod's purpose. 

Tiribulus

Quote from: Grammy on June 04, 2016, 09:09:32 AM
Quote from: Grammy on June 03, 2016, 08:33:48 PM

I see that the mod author has come and gone.  I hope my question wasn't offensive.   :(

I'm sorry that I'm just not understanding the mod's purpose.

If I'm understanding correctly, the operating system links above are a page of categories which when clicked on, bring up the grid of news stories related to those categories. I think. The mod author may not know English very well.

Grammy

Quote from: Tiribulus on June 05, 2016, 12:11:09 AM
If I'm understanding correctly, the operating system links above are a page of categories which when clicked on, bring up the grid of news stories related to those categories. I think. The mod author may not know English very well.

Thank you, Tiribulus!  I finally did install it last night on a test site but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it. It's all still a bit confusing. But I was able to rule out live feeds, I think.

Thanks again.   :)

Tiribulus

Quote from: Grammy on June 05, 2016, 06:58:48 AM
Thank you, Tiribulus!  I finally did install it last night on a test site but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it. It's all still a bit confusing. But I was able to rule out live feeds, I think.

Thanks again.   :)
Let's try this. What do you WANT it to do?  ;) What are you hoping from it by installing it? And you're welcome.  :)

Grammy

Quote from: Tiribulus on June 05, 2016, 08:08:53 PM
Let's try this. What do you WANT it to do?  ;) What are you hoping from it by installing it? And you're welcome.  :)

After I installed it, I noticed that each topic had an arrow next to it and when I clicked one, it went to a page with a couple of generic images.  I felt a bit deflated after that.  I had hoped that when I installed the mod there would just be a new menu tab called "Breaking News" or something like that.  (Okay, I made that tab up.)

I had hoped to just click that and be taken to the page I saw on the mod preview with the image blocks.  I guess I was hoping that those image blocks represented various live feeds and that you could click on one and it would open up to whatever was currently streaming.  (I know...   I'm a putz!)  But ... 

WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT??   :D

Bet you're sorry you asked, huh?   :)

Tiribulus

I don't have this mod and have nothing against it, but also don't' think at this time I have a use for it so I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty you have to set it up in it's settings in order for it display actually content. In other words, you have to tell it what to do :)

Honestly, that wasn't really what I was asking though. I meant what need would it be meeting for you if it worked like you envisioned it working? Not that I'm trying to steer anybody away from this mod, but maybe there's' something simpler that does what you're looking for.

Grammy

Quote from: Tiribulus on June 05, 2016, 08:54:36 PM
I don't have this mod and have nothing against it, but also don't' think at this time I have a use for it so I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty you have to set it up in it's settings in order for it display actually content. In other words, you have to tell it what to do :)

Honestly, that wasn't really what I was asking though. I meant what need would it be meeting for you if it worked like you envisioned it working? Not that I'm trying to steer anybody away from this mod, but maybe there's' something simpler that does what you're looking for.

My problem is that I don't even know what to tell it to do, ha! 

But I think that's what I was hoping it did:  provide a directory of various feeds and that the user could just click on his feed of choice and get caught up on a bit of news.  I'll keep digging in the Mods Toy Box.   :)

Thanks!

drfun

Hello Snrj,
Thank you for this mod, i tested it and i like it but i was wondering if there is a way to use the way your board news is displayed, on a portal. For example simple portal has a board news also, which is displayed on the home page, is there a way to use yours on a portal block, instead of just on the forum board link?
i just like the display format it so nice.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

Apllicmz

yes i need too

Quote from: drfun on July 23, 2016, 08:38:36 AM
Hello Snrj,
Thank you for this mod, i tested it and i like it but i was wondering if there is a way to use the way your board news is displayed, on a portal. For example simple portal has a board news also, which is displayed on the home page, is there a way to use yours on a portal block, instead of just on the forum board link?
i just like the display format it so nice.

Advertisement: