The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP

Started by bobghw, April 19, 2016, 12:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobghw

Hi have just uploaded smf to apache webserver and opened install page in browser and receive this message.

"The installer was unable to detect any database support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded."

I have seen some forum entries online with the same error and have uncommented 'extension=php_mysql.dll' in php.ini but still get same error message.

Server hosts other website that also uses Mysql 5.5 and PHP that site is running without issue.

Windows 7
Apache 24
Mysql 5.5
smf 2.0.1

Illori

are you sure your server is configured to use mysql and not mysqli? SMF 2.0 does not support mysqli at this time.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bobghw

Thanks for the replies

using
mysql-5.5.49-winx64

was using
smf_2-0-11_install file

but read that it is beta so am now using
smf_2-0-10_install file

when running install for 2.10 version got message that the install script was old and to  download latest from website.
I used the install.php and index.php from 2.11 and received the critical error that prompted this post.

have to say the anti bot letters are incredibly hard to read.

Kindred

2.0.11 is not in beta.
2.0.11 is the current release

2.1 is in beta...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bobghw

Resolved

for some reason the..

; For example, on Windows:
;
;   extension=C:\php\ext\php_mysqli.dll
;

was uncommented in the php.ini and I missed it, the extension=C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll was uncommented as well.

now just extension=C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll and install went through with no problems.

Thanks for the responses.

Advertisement: