News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Guests Can't See Picture Attachments. How Do I Enable This?

Started by Slash McCoy, July 31, 2016, 01:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slash McCoy

I can log in with any valid user name and see all post attachments, but when viewing the forum as Guest, attachments are not visible. I would like guests to be able to see pics before having to register. Is there a way to do this? Also, I would really like to be able to post images inline in the posts, sort of like on this forum: hxxp:www.badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php [nonactive] as an example. Can I do this with Simple Machines, or do I need to look into a different forum package? Thanks!

br360

Go into your permissions for guests and make sure that "view attachments" is checked for that group.

In regards to inline attachments, see if this mod is what you are looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770

Slash McCoy

Thanks. It wasn't listed in permissions for Guests but I was able to add it somehow from some buttons and things at the bottom of the page. So that part is fixed! I installed the attachment mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 but when it is running it expects to  a URL, and does not query for a file to upload. Most forums have a browser thingy that lets the user specify a file to attach from his computer or device, and that is what I want.

Illori

if you go the full reply page and click attachments and other options there is the option to upload the attachment and browse the users system to find the file they want.

Slash McCoy

Yeah but that doesn't put the image inline inside the post. It displays it at the bottom of the post. However I found an uploader mod that works. It is a little clunky as it seems to be uploading to a 3rd party site or something, and then linking to the image url. I will play around with some more  mods and see if I can streamline this a bit. Meanwhile I think I can mark this topic solved. Tnanks everyone for your time!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LandinggistForum

Kindred

That question is not relevant to this 7 year old post....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: