Previous topic - Next topic

samd

SMF File   Your Version   Current Version
SMF Package   SMF 2.0.11   SMF 2.0.11
Sources   2.0.11   2.0.11
Default Templates   2.0.10   2.0.10
Language Files   2.0.10   2.0.10
Current Templates   2.0.2

First, I'm very new to Simple Machines. I chose it to use for just a little over a handful of people to do genealogy research together on a single family line. I wanted something that was easy to install and set up, and Simple Machines was exactly that.

I did a search of the messages in here, trying to find an answer, but didn't find one. If it's there, please forgive my missing it. I did find a topic that was similar, but then it got off on files having been edited, and I don't think I've edited any files. I could be wrong about that, because I also installed a genealogy program at the same time, and between the two, I don't recall what all I did. I know I would NOT have tried editing something that some document hadn't told me to do, because I don't know enough about php to go mucking around in it without someone telling me what I'm supposed to do.

I do know that in both programs, I was trying to find out how to add to the menus, so did Google searches and searches for modifications that would make it possible to add menu items with external links.

Admin notifications of new users was working from the date I installed the program until August 22, 2016. That's the last date I added a new "test" user. I did not notice that it had stopped working until this past Sunday, when the site went "live". I hadn't rechecked it, because it had been working.

I checked my server and just prior to August 22, I had installed the two mods I've installed. One is Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5 and the other is EU Cookie 1.3.1. Menu Editor Lite is being used. EU Cookie is installed, but not enabled. I also would have been doing configuring during that time. Since I'd added those mods prior to when it last worked, I didn't think they'd broken it.

I tried changing to admin one of the existing "test" users I'd added, and then adding another "test" user, and the new admin was notified of the new user, the original admin was not.

I've no idea where to look or what to change to solve the problem.

Thank you.

Illori

samd

Yes, they do. I sent an email from original admin to a test users, who is not an admin, and it went through.

samd

This turned out to be my error. The admin account set up on my server wasn't forwarding to the email address I thought I had set it to forward to. I deleted that, recreated it, and suddenly got all of the emails I thought I should have gotten.

So this wasn't a Simple Machines issue, it was a samd issue. :)

Advertisement: