News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Trouble Upgrading To 2.0.12

Started by VoidingNixx, October 03, 2016, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoidingNixx

Greetings.  I am having a bit of trouble updating to 2.0.12 from my previous version of 2.0.10.  When I try to update the site with the auto-updater, it keeps failing.

Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Load.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/LogInOut.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/ManageMembers.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Modlog.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Packages.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Subs-Auth.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Subs-Editor.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Subs-OpenID.php
Execute Modification -> Replace -> ./Sources/Subs.php
(all these above return Test Failed)

I have tried a manual update of files, and have brought most of them up-to-date with the patcher file download, however, Calendar.php is stuck at 2.0.11, Display.php is stuck at 2.0.11, ManagePosts.php is stuck at 2.0, Subscriptions-PayPal.php is stuck at 2.0.10, and subscriptions.php is stuck at 2.0.2.

It tells me the version for my Sources is 2.0.2.  I replaced all old files from the patcher but they still will not update to 2.0.12, even though it has that version for those above listed files as the current version.

I took a look at ManagePosts.php from the patcher file from SMF's download, and it says in the file, version 2.0.  Shouldn't the new file state version 2.0.12?

Anyways, right now i am kind of stuck with updating.  The forum is still functioning fine, but between the errors with the auto-update feature, and the manual file replacement by patching the old files, not working... kind of stuck.

Am I going about something wrong?  I have updated these forums numerous times before, but have never had this much difficulty bringing the version to current.

Kindred

How are you doing the update?

Your description is not clear...

on the subject of versions -- the file version only gets updated when the file itself is updated -- so, yes, there may still be some files that are 2.0, others that are 2.0.2, etc and so on, if those files have not received a specific patch since that release.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

VoidingNixx

Quote from: Kindred on October 03, 2016, 03:15:22 PM
How are you doing the update?

Your description is not clear...

on the subject of versions -- the file version only gets updated when the file itself is updated -- so, yes, there may still be some files that are 2.0, others that are 2.0.2, etc and so on, if those files have not received a specific patch since that release.

Thanks for the response.  The package installer is was trying to go from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 and was failing while testing, which was the first part listed above.  So with following the advice of "This shows you the versions of your installation's files versus those of the latest version. If any of these files are out of date, you should download and upgrade to the latest version at www.simplemachines.org." I downloaded the Large Upgrade from "The latest SMF large upgrade package can be found on the "Download" page of our website." for SMF 2.0.12, trying to replace the out of date files.

Basically, I extracted from the Large Upgrade archive file for 2.0.12 from SMF's site and replaced all the old source files.  This has worked in the past and updated many of the files, but a few of them still would not update.

Kindred

as long as you don't have any mods, using the large upgrade (the whole thing, not just individual files) would be fine.

as I said, not all files are updated every release.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

VoidingNixx

Quote from: Kindred on October 03, 2016, 04:48:32 PM
as long as you don't have any mods, using the large upgrade (the whole thing, not just individual files) would be fine.

as I said, not all files are updated every release.

Thanks Kindred.  That was my mistake.  I was only trying to replace the Source files to update.  I ran upgrade.php (the whole thing) and updated everything properly.  It's now reading as 2.0.12 with no problems.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: