Problems upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.12

Started by MarkArka, October 11, 2016, 07:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

the save button won't appear if the Settings.php file is not writable...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarkArka

MarkArka

Shambles

Humour me here...

Try calling the upgrade.php file again, appending "?ssi" to the url, so that it looks like upgrade.php?ssi

MarkArka

results in white screen with

QuoteUnknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'

in top left corner

MarkArka

which is the same as I get when I browse to the forum folder

MarkArka

I appreciate you guys sticking with this.

MarkArka

MarkArka

If I have exhausted the support this forum can offer.. can anyone suggest my next step?

The server will be upgraded to php7 in 5 days and if I dont have the forum upgraded by then I think the job will be even harder.

Illori

At this time SMF does not support php 7. It will not work correctly on that version.

MarkArka

ok thanks, but I can ask for a lesser upgrade.. whatever it will be it will be more than  5.5 so I need to upgrade.

thats not really the issue.. the issue is upgrading to v2

Kindred

I think your issue is related to the directories and themes...   unfortunately, I think the only way to fix it (if it is the issue that some others have described in the past) is to go into the database and manually fix some rows.

Unfortunately (again), I am not the one who fixed it on other sites...  so I am unsure specifically what needs to be fixed, but IIRC, there was something that went wrong when the default theme directory got moved/changed/deleted that basically causes everything to crap out
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarkArka

well thanks for the reply anyway. sounds like a mountain too big for me.

I rolled back to the previous version and even that is not working now.

I'm banging my head against a wall here and the wall is winning  :(

Kindred

when you rolled back, did you reload both the FILES and the DATABASE?
Слaва
Украинi

MarkArka

Kindred

yes...   that is why you can't restore. you need to restore both the backed up database and the files...
it sounds like the upgrade process at least touched the database...

If you don't have a backup yourself, ask your host to restore the full site backup from the day before you started the attempt
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

if you checked the option for the upgrade to do a backup, you may have some backup tables in the databse you can use.

MarkArka

ok thanks Kindred.
I have now restored an old backup and I am back to square 1
I have a working    SMF 1.1.21 forum.

Should I run the repair_settings file on this to see how it looks.
As I said beofre someone else moved the forum into the root directory so it may not be set up right even though it looks ok.

Illori

it cant hurt to run it. then you could make a backup of your files and database load in a new location, fix your paths with repair_settings.php and see how the upgrade goes without effecting your live forum.

MarkArka

I ran the repair tool and there were a few paths that it found that were incorrect.
It corrected them all ok and updated settings.php and I now have a fully working SMF V 1.1.21
So now... deep breath.. I am going to go for the upgrade again.

Advertisement: