News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to edit the width of a board

Started by Ray., January 06, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray.

So I don't know how to explain it, but here's an image of the area which dimensions I wanna work with:

I want it like a little bit widther.
Any help would be nice.

Kindred

1- theme specific questions should be asked in the support topic dedicated to supporting that theme...
2- get firefox+firebug and use it to look at the code and css

What you are looking to change will probably not be a simple, one line change, given that it's part of a whole table...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ray.

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2017, 12:37:52 PM
1- theme specific questions should be asked in the support topic dedicated to supporting that theme...
2- get firefox+firebug and use it to look at the code and css

What you are looking to change will probably not be a simple, one line change, given that it's part of a whole table...

It's Zone 99 from dziner studio, but they closed their forum so I can't ask for support there.
I'll try, but what to search for?

Kindred

no clue without looking at your specific site/theme...   there is a reason why we don't provide support for custom themes...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ray.

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2017, 12:50:27 PM
no clue without looking at your specific site/theme...   there is a reason why we don't provide support for custom themes...

Need any files?

ARG01

Try adjusting the width here, in index.css.

table.table_list tbody.content td.lastpost
{
line-height: 1.3em;
font-size: 12px;
width: 24%;
padding: 0.7em;
}
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Ray.

Quote from: Arg01 on January 06, 2017, 01:14:01 PM

{
}

I did, but it didn't change anything...

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

ARG01

I currently do not have that theme installed anywhere. A link would help.

Ray.

Quote from: Arg01 on January 06, 2017, 01:32:22 PM

It's a premium theme, find it online.

ARG01

Yea, I have the theme. I just don't have it installed anywhere to check.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ray. on January 06, 2017, 01:17:13 PM
Quote from: Arg01 on January 06, 2017, 01:14:01 PM

{
}

I did, but it didn't change anything...

Don't forget to refresh your browser to seethe changes. Press Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard.

Illori

Quote from: Ray. on January 06, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
Quote from: Arg01 on January 06, 2017, 01:32:22 PM

It's a premium theme, find it online.

that is illegal, you should not rip them off by using the theme if you never paid for it in the first place.

Kindred

we definitely do not provide support to people who have illegally obtained a premium theme
Слaва
Украинi

ARG01

Quote from: Illori on January 06, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

that is illegal, you should not rip them off by using the theme if you never paid for it in the first place.

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
we definitely do not provide support to people who have illegally obtained a premium theme

I agree with both of you, although is has not been clearly defined where, or how the theme was obtained. In any case, the setting requiring adjustment is not necessarily theme specific since it does reside in the Default theme as well.
However I will refrain from offering further support on this, until the OP is capable of establishing legitimate ownership of the theme.  ;) 

Kindred

the thing is, Arg...   your update won't necessarily fix things, depending on the widths of the OTHER table columns
Слaва
Украинi

ARG01

Adjusting width for the "lastpost" settings will indeed change the width. I have done it many times. It may however affect the width of the "td class="info" area. This usually is not much of an issue if the wrapper is set to 100%.
But you are correct. Although it will work, it's not the best way to do it. Changing widths for all of the tables, to correspond with each other is best way. Also making the same changes in other files to match would be suggested. Of hand I cant remember exactly what files those would be?

SkzlN

If i'm no wrong, when we do some changes on the theme, it's much better to verify it on:

Forum > Administration Center > Themes and Layout > Modify Themes > style.css....

because sometimes, it's will have to wait sometimes to appear... so just be patient and you will see after maybe 1-2days...

Illori

style.css is not found in SMF 2.0, also we dont recommend editing themes that way as you dont get a backup to restore if something goes wrong.

Advertisement: