News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS Lighttpd

Started by Adz., January 12, 2017, 12:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz.

Hello everyone,

Not sure but on fresh installation, i can't seem to load the page.
Here's the errors i'm getting on my lighttpd

(mod_fastcgi.c.2673) FastCGI-stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/var/www/public_html/smf/db_last_error.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/public_html/smf/Settings.php on line 195

Illori

Adz.

SMF 2.1, might have posted in the wrong board. Please move it.

Adz.

I used repair settings file to properly configure the server but that doesn't help much, the log files in lighttpd still showing constantly

LiroyvH

The error says permission denied, so did you fix permissions?
Also check contents of htaccess.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Adz.

I don't have htaccess file. I checked the permissions already. So should i go for 0777?

tinoest

Quote from: Adzkii on January 12, 2017, 12:37:35 PM
I don't have htaccess file. I checked the permissions already. So should i go for 0777?

Either 777 or change the owner to the same as your web server application. On Debian and most of its derivatives thats

chown www-data:www-data db_last_error.php

Adz.

I don't think it's the permission problem. Upon installation i may have enabled Force SSL throughout forum option, that may have triggered the too many redirects error. Is there any way i could uncheck this option in the files? I can't seem to find it in the settings.php file.

Cheers

Adz.

d3vcho

Don't bump your topic within 24 hours... Remember we're all volunteers here.

Are you using latest GitHub build of SMF 2.1? Or what 2.1 version are you using? Give us some more details...
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Adz.

when i enabled the option force ssl, no can access the forums because it shows too many redirects error. how can i turn of the option in the ftp?

tinoest

Did you sort the db_last_error issue?

Also you can't, you need to change it in the database.

What version of SMF 2.1 are you using? Is it the latest copy from GitHub?

Adz.

Quote from: tinoest on January 14, 2017, 02:05:45 PM
Did you sort the db_last_error issue?

Also you can't, you need to change it in the database.

What version of SMF 2.1 are you using? Is it the latest copy from GitHub?

If the option is in the database, which table is it to change the force SSL? I can't seem to find it.
I'm using the most latest version of the 2.1 beta software found in the download page above, didn't download it from github.

Cheers.

Arantor

You should probably use the version from Github, it's about a year newer and has a lot of bugs fixed.

Adz.

Adz.

btw how would the github version work? It hasn't got an installation file in it. Do i just install it on 2.1?

Kindred

Did you read the sticky post at the top of this board?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Adz.

Manage to get it install, of course i've read it. Just wanted to clear it out.

To Others: Just move the files from "other" folder to the root of your smf directory.

Kindred

Yup... that's what the instructions say to do...  :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: