Making images Transparent in theme, instead of deleting

Started by freddy123, January 19, 2017, 02:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddy123

Hi guys,

New to smf. I have found a free theme, and since I don't really want to get into coding, I have simply started changing the images like the banner in photoshop, leaving the size, name, image type all exactly the same.  The only thing is that this theme has a couple of logos that I don't want to use. So I was thinking to just open the *.gif's and clearing the image, and saving as transparent. Would this basically make the images invisible throughout the theme?

If it matters, the theme is called Dark Vista - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=947

And the ones I wanted gone (was gonna make transparent) are: altorta.gif, smflogo.gif, smflogow.gif

Hope this was clear enough. Any help is greatly appreciated.  :)

Shambles

Quote from: freddy123
New to smf.

What release of SMF are you using?

freddy123

SMF 2.0.9

Oh no. Now I see that particular theme is only compatible with 1.1.5, 1.1.10, 1.1.11.
Was too busy doing the graphics :(

So I would have to use a buggy old unsecure version of smf? or find and redo another theme. Im guessing there might be a few glitches if I used that old theme with the latest smf. Ahhh

Illori

freddy123

Okay thanks

What about making images transparent, instead of deleting them? Does  that work?

Can i use 1.1.11, is it stable enough, or are there too many bugs and exploitable flaws?
I know its very old and outdated, but I cant find any other suitable theme.

Thank you

Illori

1.1.* is no longer supported. it is a security risk to run it.

Advertisement: