News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[2.0.13] Little bug in unapproved topics/posts

Started by Pyrhel, April 28, 2017, 09:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrhel

Found a little bug in the unapproved posts/topics section when the board name and/or topic title are long and the window is scaled down.

Version: 2.0.13
Browser: Firefox 53.0; Chrome 57.0 on Android

The bug can be reproduced with a topic with long title or when posted in a board with long name. When the browser is on wide-screen everything looks normal, but when shrunk (or on mobile), the title and the board name disappear. Here are two screenshots from my forum with real data, the width in pixels can be seen too:

Antes

Well, those titles are generated by images and those images have height limits, so with those long cat/board/topic titles, its hitting that limit and hiding the overflowing part (which is whole). Workaround is removing overflow from cat_bar & catbg but I can't guarantee anything good from it.

I'm not really sure if there is a quick-fix for this, if no, then you have to live with it.

Antechinus

Yep, you could fix it. Whether you'd call it quick or not depends on your perspective. In essence: you just change the CSS, so instead of calling main_block.png it calls a gradient, then remove the fixed height. It's pretty simple for anyone who knows a bit of CSS. I did have a CSS3 version of Curve ages ago, but I can't remember what happened to it.

Advertisement: