News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to filter inactive members

Started by FragaCampos, May 10, 2017, 05:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

Hi there.
I would like to clean my database of those members who registered, but never entered the forum. To do that, I would like to start from the oldest registration down.
Any ideas on how can I achieve that?

Regards.

Colin

Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Members -> Remove Inactive Members
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

FragaCampos

Hi, Colin. Thank you for your answer.
That doesn't have a "last online = never" option, which would be the appropriate one.

I need something like "never online & activated account & <= X months/years".

Steve

How can you have a "last online = never" option when they were online to register in the first place?

Does this help? https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2569
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Because, the system sometimes does it...     register without immediate activation...

Activate, but never log in past that

=last online, never
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

FragaCampos

That mod seems exactly what I'm looking for. I'll test it right away.
Thanks, Steve. ;)

Quote from: Steve on May 11, 2017, 10:02:49 AM
How can you have a "last online = never" option when they were online to register in the first place?

Does this help? https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2569

FragaCampos

Ok, false alarm.  ::)
The mod doesn't have an option to choose from those who registered, but never entered the forum.

It would help to have a registration date column here...

Steve

I was hoping it would do what you wanted. Sorry about that.

Kiriakos GR

Here is the way that you can do the filtering that you need.

»Administration Center »Members »Search For Members >> Search for

With out adding any search criteria, just enable only check box for  Not activated members.
Activated Members check box this must not be selected.

Now press Search .... 

Illori

why do you need to search for them? there is already a list provided for those that have not activated their account in that section of the admin panel.
index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=activate

Kindred

Plus, the op is not specifically searching for nonactivated users... but for users who are inactive (they have registered, successfully, but have not posted)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

then sort the members list in the admin panel by post count.

FragaCampos

Thank you all for trying to help.

First, all the members I want to filter are activated. They've registered and their accounts are active.
Second, I want to filter those who never entered the forum by date of registration.
The objective is to delete these members from the oldest registrations to the newest.

This is something that none of your suggestions can do and for which I didn't come up with a solution.

Kindred

Search by zero posts and then Sort by registration date or even last login date...  select those and delete.

You have to have moderation by checkbox turned on... but you can delete 50 at a time

[edit] spelling -Illori
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

the members list in the admin panel always has the checkboxes even if you dont have them enabled for moderation.

Dav999

It looks like you can also just filter the admin memberlist for last online <= 1970-01-01 to match all members with a last online date of "Never".

FragaCampos

Kindred, I don't want to filter by number of posts, I want to filter users by "Last Online". In this case Last Online = never.

Quote from: Kindred on May 21, 2017, 06:43:43 PM
Search by zero posts and then Sort by registration date or even last login date...  select those and delete.

You have to have moderation by checkbox turned on... but you can delete 50 at a time

[edit] spelling -Illori

FragaCampos

Sorry, but I didn't manage to do this. :/
If I do as you suggested, no member is filtered.
I did manage to get 48 pages of users "never online" using the "Search For Members" tool, but I can't sort them by date and if I click on page 2 (for example) SMF shows me all members again (which seems like a bug).

Quote from: Dav999 on May 21, 2017, 07:18:00 PM
It looks like you can also just filter the admin memberlist for last online <= 1970-01-01 to match all members with a last online date of "Never".

FragaCampos

Advertisement: