News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

i have an error trying to installing a package

Started by Madirex, May 12, 2017, 11:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madirex

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_log_packages
WHERE package_id = 'Dougiefresh:Split_Forum'
AND inst' at line 2
Archivo: /storage/h3/992/678992/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 262

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on March 31, 2017, 02:35:31 AM
Not right now because it's a bug in core SMF that no-one is quite sure why it happens.

You could try editing Sources/Packages.php somewhere around line 835:

SELECT version, themes_installed, db_changes

to

SELECT `version`, `themes_installed`, `db_changes`

to see if that helps.

Madirex

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_log_packages
WHERE install_state != 0
AND package_id = 'Dougiefr' at line 2
Línea: 1006

Arantor

Did you actually change the code suggested before trying to install? Because it doesn't look like you made the changes.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

So there's a file permissions problem as well as a MariaDB compatibility problem, cool. (Because there's still the MariaDB compatibility problem as given by the error message.)

Madirex

Quote from: Arantor on May 12, 2017, 12:56:45 PM
Did you actually change the code suggested before trying to install? Because it doesn't look like you made the changes.

i made the 2 changes..

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 12, 2017, 01:17:46 PM

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553805.0

Are you the one who reopened the subject? If I closed it is for something, is solved, this is a separate issue.

Arantor

The 2 changes have solved your problem in every instance it has occurred so far...

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Madirex on May 12, 2017, 01:27:27 PM
Are you the one who reopened the subject? If I closed it is for something, is solved, this is a separate issue.

Marking a topic as solved does not close it.  I posted the link here because any information that may be related to your problem can be helpful to support staff in assisting you.

- R. Waters

Madirex

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 12, 2017, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: Madirex on May 12, 2017, 01:27:27 PM

Marking a topic as solved does not close it.  I posted the link here because any information that may be related to your problem can be helpful to support staff in assisting you.

The subject of the Marquis as a result and someone (I do not know if it was you) marked it as "unresolved"

And I had to manually put the subject back as "solved"

I have provided all the information I would have to provide, I only get that message when I give it to "install package"

Sir Osis of Liver

There's also this -

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553799.0

Your forum is damaged, you should consider starting over with a clean install.

- R. Waters

Madirex

Stop looking at other topics, this is a new one. Will I have to create a new account so that you can focus only on this topic and not on others?

The problem of MYSQL was solved because when changing hosting, I changed absolutely everything, until mysql, and did not detect it well, and I fixed it thanks to my hosting

The other problem was FTP, and it was also fixed, I do not know how I did as well said on that topic, but I think it was also by the help of my host. Now I have a completely different problem.

Nothing to do with the others, this error only happens to me when installing a package. Before I did not let me even upload the packages, that's all, before I did not let anything upload to the host, and that's already fixed, you can upload images, atachements, profile photos and packages, the problem is when installing packages me That error comes out. It has absolutely nothing to do with other subjects.

The other errors were problem of my hosting and not of your application, this is a problem of this application.

Kindred

Madirex

Why would we stop looking at other topics?   Issues with a site are often (although, not always) interrelated...

In your case, the majority of your issues seem to be related to the fact that your installation has been damaged at some point.
You are missing things that should be there... you have incorrect file permissions and you are using MariaDB (which requires the tweaks indicated by Arantor)

(and no...  your issue is NOT a problem in this application, if you properly applied the changes, as indicated by Arantor -- since, in every other case, those fixed have corrected the issue with MariaDB)

Your best bet would be to start over with a clean installation... this will properly set up the directories and the files...
then apply the tweak as indicated....

if you STILL have problems after that, you may want to consider either hiring an expert or granting someone full access to go in and look around your server to determine what is misconfigured
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Madirex

Quote from: Kindred on May 12, 2017, 02:01:24 PM
Madirex

Why would we stop looking at other topics?   Issues with a site are often (although, not always) interrelated...

In your case, the majority of your issues seem to be related to the fact that your installation has been damaged at some point.
You are missing things that should be there... you have incorrect file permissions and you are using MariaDB (which requires the tweaks indicated by Arantor)

Your best bet would be to start over with a clean installation... this will properly set up the directories and the files...
then apply the tweak as indicated....

if you STILL have problems after that, you may want to consider either hiring an expert or granting someone full access to go in and look around your server to determine what is misconfigured

Hello, this is the last error that I have to solve, I had to solve 3 errors and 2 of them have already been solved, this is the last one.

My forum works 100% well only that does not leave me as I said install packages for that error.

Edit: I said that the 2 previous problems were not your fault, it was my hosting fault. So it has nothing to do with running the forum.

--

WHERE install_state != 0
AND package_id = 'forsaken' at line 2
Línea: 1020

Illori

to resolve the issue at hand you NEED to apply the fix in the quote below. without the fix you will NOT be able to install packages.

Quote from: Illori on May 12, 2017, 11:51:55 AM
Not right now because it's a bug in core SMF that no-one is quite sure why it happens.

to

to see if that helps.

Madirex

Quote from: Illori on May 12, 2017, 02:10:22 PM
to resolve the issue at hand you NEED to apply the fix in the quote below. without the fix you will NOT be able to install packages.

Quote from: Illori on May 12, 2017, 11:51:55 AM

to

to see if that helps.

Hello, as I said before, I have already modified the 2 lines that you told me and I get that new error that I quoted:

WHERE install_state != 0
AND package_id = 'forsaken' at line 2
Línea: 1020

Illori

attach your packages.php file to your next post so it can be reviewed.

Arantor

Hmm, this might be a new bug with MariaDB.

Around line 1006:

// See if this is already installed, and change it's state as required.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT package_id, install_state, db_changes

Try:
// See if this is already installed, and change it's state as required.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT `package_id`, `install_state`, `db_changes`

Madirex

Hello, Are there any test packages? To install it to see if I work with that package, since I am testing with several packages and I skip all similar errors

I get the same error as this user: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=550953.0

-------
WHERE package_id = 'hadesflames:InvitationSystem'
AND' at line 2
Línea: 859

Kindred

the error is not triggered in the PACKAGE...
and the issue is related to the fact that, apparently, MariaDB does not subscribe fully to the same code format/standards as mySQL...

and SMF was built for mySQL (and SQLite and PostGRE SQL) not MariaDB...

so, some tweaks are going to be needed to make it work on MariaDB -- or you can ask your host to switch to mySQL
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Madirex

Quote from: Kindred on May 13, 2017, 08:22:52 AM
the error is not triggered in the PACKAGE...
and the issue is related to the fact that, apparently, MariaDB does not subscribe fully to the same code format/standards as mySQL...

and SMF was built for mySQL (and SQLite and PostGRE SQL) not MariaDB...

so, some tweaks are going to be needed to make it work on MariaDB -- or you can ask your host to switch to mySQL

Hi, I can do anything in my forum, except to install a package, what else do I have to modify?

---
EDIT: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553048.0

He uses MariaDB and came to fix it! and I do not!

Kindred

well, obviously, you version of MariaDB has forked even further away from mySQL...

So, if you actually made te changes, and they just triggered another, different error message, then you either have to find MORE tweaks... or switch to mySQL.

I don't think that SMF claims to fully support MaraiDB, in our minimum requirements page
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Requirements_and_recommendations

nope...   mySQL, PostGRE and SQLite are the three that we officially support

we can work with you... but curb your impatience, because - as noted- what you are asking for support for is not part of the stadard offering and may take MANY tweaks, depending on how far MariaDB has shifted away fro mySQL standard
Слaва
Украинi

Madirex

Quote from: Kindred on May 13, 2017, 08:45:23 AM
well, obviously, you version of MariaDB has forked even further away from mySQL...

So, if you actually made te changes, and they just triggered another, different error message, then you either have to find MORE tweaks... or switch to mySQL.

I don't think that SMF claims to fully support MaraiDB, in our minimum requirements page
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Requirements_and_recommendations

nope...   mySQL, PostGRE and SQLite are the three that we officially support

we can work with you... but curb your impatience, because - as noted- what you are asking for support for is not part of the stadard offering and may take MANY tweaks, depending on how far MariaDB has shifted away fro mySQL standard

Only 2 or 3 more lines would be needed, since it only affects the packages.ini ...

All other files and functions work perfectly!

Arantor

The problem is, you're literally the only person that has seen these new changes so far. We don't know how many more changes will be needed yet and no-one here on the dev side runs MariaDB because we don't claim to support it.

Madirex

And there is some place to ask for help and to change the mysql format code to mariadb that?

Arantor

Madirex

I fixed manually!! :D

Changing...
SELECT package_id, install_state, db_changes

to

SELECT `package_id`, `install_state`, `db_changes`

Kindred

if that was the problem, then it is likely that you are going to encounter the same issue at dozens of other points in the code...
Слaва
Украинi

Elmacik

Quote from: Kindred on May 13, 2017, 03:20:30 PM
if that was the problem, then it is likely that you are going to encounter the same issue at dozens of other points in the code...

Then maybe SMF should consider using backtics in the next version as SQL standard recommends.
Home of Elmacik

SleePy

backticks are not sql standard.  Read here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10573922/what-does-the-sql-standard-say-about-usage-of-backtick
As well, Postgresql mentions its not sql compliant: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Things_to_find_out_about_when_moving_from_MySQL_to_PostgreSQL

We don't officially support it in 2.0 and in 2.1 we acknowledge it in the support section but don't officially support it still.  I've tested MariaDB myself on CentOS7 and haven't been able to reproduce this error.  Another dev uses MariaDB themselves without any issues.  This seems like a server configuration issue and without knowing what configuration setting is causing it, there isn't much to go on here.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Elmacik

@SleePy, maybe it's all MySQL messing with SQL standards, not sure if I've read this in the SQL standard recommendation itself; but I remember having read this in so many places. Like Google says;

https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/reference/standard-sql/lexical

As I read it again now, I remember that it's mostly about the reserved keywords. Because if you use reserved keywords as column names or as such; you will have to enclose those words with backticks or something else.
Home of Elmacik

VenomBurke

I made a post about this awhile ago as well, and I'm still getting the same problems, this is my error. 

WHERE package_id = 'LHVWB:CustomFormMod'
AND install_' at line 2
File: /storage/ssd2/677/2224677/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 247

Kindred

Yes... as I said, mariadb is not officially uspported and needs some tweaks to several areas of code in order to work
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: