News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Now getting this also after [2.0.14] patch, what is the fix?

Started by ModelBoatMayhem, May 15, 2017, 11:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModelBoatMayhem

Now getting -
after [2.0.14] patch

An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.
What is the fix?

It was working until I logged off, now I can't even logon to my own forum!

Help!
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Colin

Are you using a custom theme? Did you continue the 2.0.14 patch installation with errors in the custom theme?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

vbgamer45

If your custom theme index.template.php
Find something like

<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

Add after

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ModelBoatMayhem

Quote from: Colin on May 15, 2017, 12:08:18 PM
Are you using a custom theme? Did you continue the 2.0.14 patch installation with errors in the custom theme?

Default everything

PHPMyAdmin says: 
PHP version: 5.6.30       

vbgamer45

Looking at your site the edit didn't happen on your index.template.php of the default theme.
Add that edit.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ModelBoatMayhem

currently /forum/Themes/defalt
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Still same error....  :(

vbgamer45

Hmm I would check that the other edits took affect did you get any errors on install?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ModelBoatMayhem

No errors on running update.
How do I check the edits if I can't login?
Can I roll back?

Getting a bit concerned now!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Illori

you should be using FTP for file edits. you dont need to be logged into the forum to use FTP.

ModelBoatMayhem

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 15, 2017, 03:11:35 PM
If you get the patch file
You can upload it to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and that will give you the edits.

OK, will overwrite any personal  settings?

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Gaza07

My custom themes are giving the same error on login as above even though the update showed no errors and the line before </form>'; has been correctly altered there is deff something else wrong,
I found if I set the default forum theme to smf default, I could still login in and then set a custom theme which works fine it just means the smf default theme is always the login one,
there must be something that didnt get altered in the custom theme's that did get done in the default one.

Illori

then you should start your own topic for your own issue so we can look into your issue further.

ModelBoatMayhem

OK, found a fix .... well bit of a lucky work around!

On my home PC, I was still logged in  ( with the 'Forever' option! ),  got into Admin, installed the 2.0.14 patch and everything was OK.
I re-run the patch install and noticed that at the very bottom of the file list there is an option to apply to various Themes, by default, these are Un-Ticked!

Ticked the boxes, installed OK - no errors now!

Gaza07

Quote from: Illori on May 16, 2017, 05:03:26 AM
then you should start your own topic for your own issue so we can look into your issue further.

I posted in here because it was exactly the same problem as the original post  ::)

Illori

it does not matter if the same issue or not, this topic belongs to someone else and is marked solved. please start your own topic.

~IsR~Barabba

Quote from: ModelBoIyhem on May 16, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

OK, found a fix .... well bit of a lucky work around!

On my home PC, I was still logged in  ( with the 'Forever' option! ),  got into Admin, installed the 2.0.14 patch and everything was OK.
I re-run the patch install and noticed that at the very bottom of the file list there is an option to apply to various Themes, by default, these are Un-Ticked!

Ticked the boxes, installed OK - no errors now!

I followed this advice, and now almost everything works.
The user panel does not work yet, login from there.

If you want to do some tests to help me, hxxp:www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?action=forum [nonactive] and try it yourself.
I'm not practical of these things, so I'm very sorry and overwhelmed by this thing.
If I go back to the previous version everything works correctly.
Please help me.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ModelBoatMayhem

... first time I've experienced any problems from an official SMF patch.... poor Beta testing?!
....  :(

Advertisement: