News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Cloudflare (Free Version) and SMF

Started by sky23, May 20, 2017, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky23

Hi all,
is it possible that Cloudflare causing issues on SMF? Only by using Cloudflares DNS?
Like: Backup function showing Network Error and can not connect to SMF to show new Versions?
Also some Mods showing strange behaviors, like SAChat, asking the Admin always to log in...

Illori

we dont recommend using the backup in the admin panel as it can produce a partial backup without you knowing.

sky23

Hi Illori, but the question was not about using the internal backup, i know that, it was about Cloudflare is causing heavy issues on SMF, even if SMF IP is in the whitelist

Kindred

Anything the caches your system is going to cause issues with a dynamic page. We had major issues reported when one of the hosts added the Varnish cache without telling their users...

Not sure what caching cloudflare uses... but especially with something like SAChat, I can see it being an issue.

Additionally, cloudflare is basically useless for a dynamic site like a forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

We've had a lot of people with a lot of trouble with CF.

chrishicks

If you're using all the standard settings with Cloudflare try going to the Speed tab and scroll down to Rocket Loader and turn it off. I had issues with a few spots on my forum until I disabled that. It may not work in your case but it's a quick thing to check just to be sure.

sky23

THANK YOU CHRISSSSSSSS, I APPRECIATE!!!! THAT WAS IT, CHEERS! IF I COULD, A PITCHER HONEY BROWN FOR YOU!!!!!

Advertisement: