News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

db_last_error.php not included in the beta 3 package?

Started by @rjen, June 03, 2017, 04:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Just spend some more time trying to understand why  my test upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 beta did not work:
I got stuck in the install screen with FTP logon.

Finally I figured out that the problem was that file: db_last_error.php was not writable.
Not so strange since this file does not exist in 2.0 (is part of settings.php) and is new to 2.1

Also states so in the wiki:
Quote$db_last_error[edit]
Version: SMF 1.0+
Default value: (not set)
A variable, which stores the Timestamp of the last database connection error. This is not really a setting (and isn't set by default), but merely an internally used variable to prevent multiple emails from being sent after a connection error. See also the $db_error_send setting. As of 2.1 this has been moved to its own file db_last_error.php and is no longer in the Settings.php file.

This being the case would including this (blank) file in the 2.1 packages (upgrade) not be a good idea?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

GL700Wing

I had the same issue with a brand new SMF 2.1 Beta 3 install - workaround was to create the two required files (Settings_bak.php and db_last_error.php) in same folder as Settings.php  and set the permissions to 755.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Illori

the wiki has not been updated to include a lot of the changes in SMF 2.1 as it is still in beta and things can change still. the team will need to look into this a bit further.

@rjen

Understood. This change was already documented though. That helped me finding the cause of missing the file.   ;)

Everyone upgrading from 2.0 will run into this eventually, so better make this requirement clear in the upgrade process, of even better: make sure the upgrade takes care of this.
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Advertisement: