Forum generating over 500k errors...

Started by Wellwisher, July 09, 2017, 10:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellwisher

After a recent SMF 2.0.14. Our forum is generating a tone of errors (500k errors?) which I just cleared but more keep generating. As you can imagine it's freaking me out.

Error detail shown on error log:

8: Undefined variable: message
Themes/theme-name/Display.template.php
Line: 213

The code it points to:

<a class="topic-share ts-twitter" href="https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Read: '. urlencode($context['subject']) .'&amp;url=', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.msg' . $message['id'] . '%23msg' . $message['id'] . '" title="Share on Twitter" target="_blank">

Other error was:

Undefined index: online
File: /usr/home/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Mentions.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: xxx

This I managed to solve by disabling template evalution, it was the Mentions mod that was creating the problem.

Kindred

Well, the code that you indicate is not part of standard smf... so I would assume some sort of Twitter related mod issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Post your display.template.php that would help too.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Wellwisher

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 09, 2017, 11:54:07 PM
Post your display.template.php that would help too.

K attached my display.template.php. I am still getting the errors and they keep building up.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Wellwisher

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 10, 2017, 08:21:17 AM
Try this file

@Vbgamer45 really, thank you mate! I uploaded the display.template.php file that you corrected and now, that's stopped generating any additional errors from that file or line of code. Nice one, much respect tbh. I owe you, thanks for taking the time to have a look through the file.  :)
Now when I check the log section in SMF it keeps saying, "There are currently no error log entries.".

When I first got wind of the problem and saw SMF list half-a-million errors on it, I basically lost my head and freaked out so... feels good to finally sit down and breath again. Cheers Vbgamer45!  ;D

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: