News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by xenovanis, November 06, 2005, 01:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenovanis

Yet another update of the Visual Warning mod, originally created by Grudge and updated by Permutations (1.1 beta 3), Xenovanis (1.1 RC1), Aaron (1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1) and Eleglin (1.1.1).

Description
This mod allows you to give visual warnings to your users in four stages:
  1) First warning - instant message and a green warning mark next to user name.
  2) Post moderation - the user's posts must be approved before they are seen.
  3) Mute - instant message and the inability to post polls or messages.
  4) Ban - user is gone. :D

Latest version
Version 1.31 will work with 1.0.x, 1.1 bèta 3 public, 1.1 RC1, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1 final and 1.1.1.

Changelog
- Updated to work with SMF 1.1.1
- Added a whole proper visual warning section in the "Features and Options" area (only for SMF 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, SMF 1.1 and SMF 1.1.1)
- Added French translation (by Eleglin and Val). Please refer to the file 'modification.xml'

Please uninstall any previous versions of this mod before installing this one. Also remember, before you apply any mod:
Backup your database!!!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

edi67

so much i wanted this mod but i have some errors look:

1. clicking in admin panel -> Warning Management i have the followinr error:

Unable to load the 'list_warnings' template.

2. clicking in admin panel -> Post Moderation Manager i have thie error:

Unable to load the 'pmod_manager' template.
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

xenovanis

That is due to a bug in the packagemanager. You need to upload the file VisualWarning.template.php to your /Themes/default directory and the file VisualWarning11.php to your /Sources directory.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Fizzy

Excellent timing Xeno.

It was only last night that I started looking in to this one for a 1.0.5 board.

You must be psychic. Thanks for the update. :)

Have there been any changes to the database structure? The reason I ask, the 1.0.5 board already has previous version records and table structure from a previous install. I would be looking to install and upload the mod manually and just would like your opinion as to whether to uninstall the tables and records from MySQL first.

Cheers
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

edi67

Quote from: xenovanis on November 06, 2005, 03:42:41 AM
That is due to a bug in the packagemanager. You need to upload the file VisualWarning.template.php to your /Themes/default directory and the file VisualWarning11.php to your /Sources directory.

Great mod this i was waiting i think is one of the most important mod that SMF not have it must be to default coz is very important control users from staff

thanx
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

J. Williams

Its kind of wierd.

I checked & the files were put in place?

I think the bug is just a common ftp problem (overusing)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

xenovanis

Quote from: scs on November 06, 2005, 08:36:37 AM
Its kind of wierd.

I checked & the files were put in place?

I think the bug is just a common ftp problem (overusing)

There is a confirmed bug in the packagemanager. It does upload the files but once uploaded they are empty (0kb).

xenovanis

Quote from: Fizzy on November 06, 2005, 03:52:26 AM
Excellent timing Xeno.

It was only last night that I started looking in to this one for a 1.0.5 board.

You must be psychic. Thanks for the update. :)

Have there been any changes to the database structure? The reason I ask, the 1.0.5 board already has previous version records and table structure from a previous install. I would be looking to install and upload the mod manually and just would like your opinion as to whether to uninstall the tables and records from MySQL first.

Cheers

Thanks Fizzy.  :) Actually, I just updated the 1.1 Beta 3 Public version (made by permutations) to 1.1 RC1 and there weren't any changes in the database there.
If I understand correctly you want to re-install the mod on a 1.0.5 board where it was installed before? I think that is safe to do, the installer skips existing tables and columns.

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

xenovanis

Yes, you have a point there. I use different servers and on one the packagemanager works, and on another it doesn't. But in this case it didn't work and that is a bug. Now, back on topic?

J. Williams

Ok i've had no errors at all with this.

The button looks a bit smudged(unclear)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Fizzy

Quote from: xenovanis on November 06, 2005, 11:23:25 AM

Thanks Fizzy.  :) Actually, I just updated the 1.1 Beta 3 Public version (made by permutations) to 1.1 RC1 and there weren't any changes in the database there.
If I understand correctly you want to re-install the mod on a 1.0.5 board where it was installed before? I think that is safe to do, the installer skips existing tables and columns.

Thanks Xeno for putting my mind at rest. :)

Karma +1

xenovanis

Quote from: scs on November 06, 2005, 02:53:46 PM
Ok i've had no errors at all with this.

The button looks a bit smudged(unclear)

Well, I'm not a designer, so I created one with the buttongenerator. Feel free to design another button though.  ;)

Quote from: Fizzy on November 06, 2005, 03:01:57 PM
Thanks Xeno for putting my mind at rest. :)

Karma +1

You're welcome. :) Still backup though, always backup  :P

Fizzy

allever

Any live demos?  or screenshots?  Would really appreciate it!

I'm debating whether to write my own, or not.. this mod does not seem to do it for me for what I am looking for..

Thanks
Sometimes, it's the little features.. Err, things that matters....

Nitro

i had this very BAD error, and i am trying to uninstall but the package has WAY too many files, i don';t know where to look.

this is error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare autowarn() (previously declared in /homepages/20/d107436098/htdocs/bb/bb/Sources/Security.php:227) in /homepages/20/d107436098/htdocs/bb/bb/Sources/Security.php on line 281

that's bad, ins't it?
MPF Rocks!!!

xenovanis

Nitro, did you uninstall any previous versions of this mod? It looks like it's installed twice.

rjordan

Ok I know this is probably someplace else but I cant really find it.  I  have added this and it works great under the default theme, but under helios and any others I have it does not show up.  So how can I fix this, keep in mind im not very programming smart....

xenovanis

You need to adapt custom themefiles to work with this mod.

How to make mods work with themes?

If you are using SMF 1.0.5, you need to make the changes descriped in the file VisualWarning_SMF10.mod.
If you are using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public, you need to make the changes descriped in the file VisualWarning_SMF11.mod.
If you are using SMF 1.1 RC1, you need to make the changes descriped in the file VisualWarning_SMF11R1.mod.

Advertisement: