News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is it possible to change certain text size?

Started by slnielsen, July 16, 2017, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slnielsen

Hi.

Running a small machinist site here in Denmark.
Most of our users are middle aged men, or older. :)
I have searched for a way to get a "previous" and "next" button, when a topic exceeds the number of posts, and we get a second or third page page. Today we only have the numbers indicating the pages.

The mod I found was this : https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2042
Figured I could exchange the .png images with a text image instead.
But the version is outdated, we are running 2.0.14.

Would it be possible to change the page numbers text to a bigger size font?
E.G. two or three times size?

Thx for any advice! :)

Forum adress : http://frylundsmaskinforum.dk

Br
Søren

Deaks

that mod should in theory still work on 2.0.14, when you installed it did it give you any errors?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

slnielsen

I got the following messages, did not dare to install it completely. Chicken, yeah I know, but fairly new to this forum thingy. :)
Thx for you help!

Deaks

tack, well it would be possible to make a manual change in your theme to increase the size of the links, give me a few hours to make sure i get it right (also going out for a meal :P)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

slnielsen

Wow, fast response! :) Thank you very much, enjoy your meal!

Kindred

yep... those errors pretty much indicate that the mod will not install, at all...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

ok so it seems its rather alot easier than I expected

in index.css look for

.pagelinks

around line 493

change that to say

.pagelinks, .pagelinks a

then before the } add font-size: 100%;

.pagelinks, .pagelinks a
{
padding: 0.6em 0 0.4em 0;
font-size: 100%;
}

then just change the 100% to size thats suited
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

slnielsen

Thanks. Tried to change it in all the index.css files, we have 3 themes installed.
Unfortunatly it does nothing?

Here is a copy of my code.

br360

Do a hard refresh after (press ctrl and f5 keys at the same time)

slnielsen

slnielsen

A million thanks to all contributors, very fast and knowledgeable replies.
What a great support!

Steve

I'm not understanding why you need 'previous/next' buttons when they are built in.

Look to the right of the image.
DO NOT pm me for support!

slnielsen

The button on the right changes topic ( at least on my forum?) , what I would like is a better way to change pages within a topic.
Does it make sense? English is not my primary language. :)

Steve

Oh crap! You're right! Sorry about that.  :-[
DO NOT pm me for support!

slnielsen

No problem. :)

Just an image to show how it looks now.
The mod mentioned in the first page would be sweet, it seems the << and >> is simple .png files, which could easily be replaced with another image. But maybe one day, this works sweet on my laptop. Not much difference on my android phone it seems. Will try to tweak it a bit more.

Advertisement: