News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.15 Released

Started by Colin, November 19, 2017, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.15.

This patch adds both important security and general maintenance fixes to your forum, so it is imperative that you install this patch quickly.
You can view the changelog for this release, per usual, on the downloads page.

The quick summary of changes is as follows:

• A security issue reported by Daniel Le Gall from SCRT SA
  • Various bug fix with Proxy handler
  • Login fixes for SSI and Maintenance mode
  • Various Search fixes
  • Email handling issue fixed when using SendTopic
  • Fixed SM Stat collection and added opt in/out functionality to the Admin Panel

Please see the changelog for more information.

If you are running version 2.0.14, you can update your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the update notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you do not see the notification about the patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.15 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "full upgrade" archive from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the full upgrade.

Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the upgrade patches page and install it via the package manager, as you would any other mod package.

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum Team
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

vbgamer45

Congrats on the release! Thanks for the updates.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

skb

Quote from: Colin on November 19, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
If you are running version 2.0.14, you can update your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the update notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.

Not showing, yet.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

showngo

Thanks for the hard work put in and the update.

Arantor

Quote from: skb on November 20, 2017, 02:25:14 AM
If you are running version 2.0.14, you can update your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the update notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.

Not showing, yet.

It can take a couple of days.

Looking

Thanks for the fixes. When I first got notification of this topic it wasn't available, were there quick changes made?

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Looking on November 20, 2017, 03:59:20 AM
Thanks for the fixes. When I first got notification of this topic it wasn't available, were there quick changes made?
It was a small bug with the notification appearing before it should have.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

iMiKK

Aportadordelmix

Dumke

A Long awaited release!
Thanks for the update!

Also the downloads page url in the first post isn't correct.

Illori

Quote from: Dumke480 on November 20, 2017, 07:49:57 AM
Also the downloads page url in the first post isn't correct.

fixed, thanks.

-Rock Lee-

Thank you very much for the great work and the constant updates :D

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

Also when you get a chance update the version numbers for the mod/theme site.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

d3vcho

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 20, 2017, 08:55:17 AM
Also when you get a chance update the version numbers for the mod/theme site.

Good catch! Passed to the team :)

Thanks to the whole team and to the users who have been waiting for this!
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Rumpa

Congratulations for new release

charlottezweb

mackes

I running 2.0.13 and got errors uploading both 2.0.14 & 15. (Upload of packet failed)
Any hints

Shambles

Hey mackes... you might have missed this part of the topic opener:

Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.

a10

Successful update, thanks for the great work.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

showngo

Mail responders are fast now and the search functions work 100%     
Thanks

GravuTrad

Still no more php 5.3 support?
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

vbgamer45

No looks like 2.0.13 was the last version to support it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Rob Lightbody

wildmisty06

Congrats for the new release. And thank you for the constant update.

HDB

Installed and working!!

Thanks to all those involved in this release and many thanks to all the others in this community that are always so helpful.

pocttopus

Nice as always!
Thanks guys.  :)

rogrog

Updated successful, thank you !

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

MartiMedia

Tested, backed up prod and installed succesfully, thank you guys for your epic work!
Cheers,
Marti

Kathryn_

hi  I would like to make a long over due switch from mybb...hiw would you advise I do that its an ebook  site that is still in deveopment... 

LiroyvH

Quote from: Kathryn_ on November 24, 2017, 07:55:42 PM
hi  I would like to make a long over due switch from mybb...hiw would you advise I do that its an ebook  site that is still in deveopment... 

This topic is not for supported questions.
Please see/open a topic here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=11.0
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

IamTheBoy

Installed patch successfully on my site with no dramas. Thanks.

-Mirco-

Hello i'm trying to patching from 2.0.14 but i have this problem:

LiroyvH

Quote from: -Mirco- on November 25, 2017, 11:30:07 AM
Hello i'm trying to patching from 2.0.14 but i have this problem:

As stated, this topic is NOT for support; you need to open a topic in the relevant board. Thanks.

Smart Forums

Congratulations on the release!

darren.a.roberts

Thanks for the update, however it appears to have stopped the server side rest api from working.

Alain Rheault

It is not realy an issue ... but  a question directly touching the release ...."WHERE IS THE "PATCH"   

I can't find the     "smf_patch_2.0.15.tar.gz"

All i find is   "Install"  and "Large Upgrade"  .....

Since i allready at smf 2.0.14  ... i do not want to loose everyting i done on the forum .... I test first with a clone of it ... it seem i need the PATCH version of the update ... OR i losse to much .. and i have to stick to the present version  2.0.14 ....

All i need is a link to point me to dowload ... "smf_patch_2.0.15.tar.gz"

Tanks .... every one ,  if you found it !   8)

BTW ... tanks also for the upgrade off that great Forum soft ... SMF 

Alain Rheault

Quote from: Illori on November 27, 2017, 11:09:24 AM
https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

8)  .... I visited that page before ... but    i din't notice .    ::)  .. the DOOWLOAD little word at the  right of the link for the manual process ....

TANKS A LOT ... you just made my day ...  ;D 

Alain Rheault

8)   Work done ....   Successful update, thanks to all staff at SMF

one point ... i lost the WRAP2 feature ... index.php?wap2   ( TXT only ..)  i will open an issue post   

Lot of Tanks !   :-*

Alain Rheault

Quote from: Alain Rheault on November 27, 2017, 03:42:46 PM
8)   Work done ....   Successful update, thanks to all staff at SMF

one point ... i lost the WRAP2 feature ... index.php?wap2   ( TXT only ..)  i will open an issue post   

Lot of Tanks !   :-*

8)   ... forget that about WRAP2 ... so the update is 100%    ;D

I only had to correct the LINK to reach my server in a MOD ( foot menu ) ... A good chance i had ...   to see that the adress was twice longer than the original link ...

SaltedWeb

Haven't done much on my SMF sites, had a new project no issues at all even with mods it works well. Thank You.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

themavesite

Planning to go https with this release. Is this wise?
TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SleePy

Quote from: themavesite on November 28, 2017, 03:42:36 PM
Planning to go https with this release. Is this wise?

We introduced https into the previous version (2.0.14).  So to get to this version, you would need to be on the previous version to get to this release.  So yes, it is fine.  However we are not changing the upgrade/patch links for any older versions in order to ensure that you can still patch up to that release (2.0.14) safely and have it work.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Apllicmz

Torngate

so... I dunno if this is just me but my forum still says the "current" version is 2.0.14.

(Not asking for support, but this doesn't look quite correct.)
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

LiroyvH

Fetch Simple Machines files.

Torngate

Well that'd do it. Guess I'm just dumb :P

Thanks for the update guys.
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

mysimplesite

Easy update. No problems. Click and done. Whoooheeee. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this fine forum software.

landyvlad

Just did the 2.0.13 - 14 - 15 upgrade.

Easy as.  Thumbs up !
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

eminentllp

antony96

You have done very well. I'm glad and still waiting for the next update 2.0.15 was buggy

Advertisement: