A new Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags mod

Started by Dwev, December 09, 2017, 05:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

I would love to see a new version of the existing Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags mod.

The current version can still be run under emulation, but need a lot of work if you're running PHP 7+

Seems a pity if this would go the way of de Dodo, the developer of the existing version isn't active anymore.

Arantor

I really should get that transferred back to me, I guess, so it can be updated (I'm the original developer)

Dwev

Yes, please do.

It might be me, but I think this mod is quite essential for a forum.

Extra question: in the current form one has to edit the Subs-Post.php
Is that detrimental in any way to the rest of the workings of the forum?

If not, I'll use the current version in the meantime.

Arantor

I've requested it.

The current form has to edit Subs-Post, this is literally how it prevents non-moderators from using it by removing the tags from their posts. Kinda important really.

Dwev

Clear, so I'll use the current version for the time being.

Meanwhile I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're getting this back and can make it ready for the future.

Arantor

Updated, though using less code than in that post.

Dwev

Thanks for updating!  :D

One problem: the current mod doesn't want to uninstall, I get the following error:

This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

Guess I can go through the Parse instructions of the older version, change everything manually and uninstall this way?

Arantor

Yup, though that's weird and suggests you need to do the emulation thing for an older version too...

Dwev

Hmm, your reaction about emulation made me realise that I'll probably have to set the board back to the same setting to uninstall, as was used when this mod was installed.

Do you know which maximum version the older version of this mod still supported?

Arantor

I think it's 2.0 RC4. You'd be able to look it up, I didn't remove the old package.

Dwev

Looked into the info of old package and it was indeed 2.0 RC4, and with that emulated the option to uninstall does show up.

Still throws a few errors, but I'll figure that out on my own.

Louis

Quote from: Arantor on December 28, 2017, 03:52:32 PM
Updated, though using less code than in that post.
Is that updated version available somewhere? It seems the mod has disappeared from the mod site completely - or at least I seem unable to find it :(
It is your mind that creates this world (Buddha)

Arantor

Louis

:'(

Seems I have not many options left when I want to update my server to php 7.2.
Recoding is beyond my capabilities, seems I will start checking what happens with the markup after deinstallation.

Arantor

Louis

I know. But I have the "SMF 2.0.X - PHP 7.2+ Compatibility" mod installed which so far did a good job, it just didn't modify this mod here for obvious reasons.

Arantor

Nor will it modify any other bbc mod. In any case, I'm sorry, it just isn't coming back.

KittyGalore

I had this mod installed before not sure why i removed it a shame it's removed and the topic closed.
SMF Curve 2.0x

live627

Dwev

Quote from: Arantor on November 02, 2018, 09:53:27 AM
It was removed by its author.

Would I be allowed to repost this mod?

(I have it installed and working, and on my computer)

Quote from: live627 on January 07, 2020, 12:15:06 AM
The closest alternative I can think of is Message Boxes

Though this seems a pretty good alternative (maybe even better than the Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags mod).

Advertisement: