News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

But where have all the posts gone...?

Started by Alleria, January 09, 2018, 10:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alleria

Our admin group just decided to count posts on all of our boards instead of just a certain set.  This evening, I went through modifying the boards and checking "count posts" on about 8 boards.  I didn't uncheck any of these boxes.

However, when I was through I noticed my own post count seemed to be lower, not higher.  I checked that of a member who just celebrated her 5000th post and sure enough, her count had dropped to 4736.  (Her real post count including formerly uncounted posts is 5400.)

I'm skimming back through the board settings but not seeing anything that's been unchecked that had been checked before.  Help?

[Edit to add: I've run "Recount all forum totals and statistics" and no change.  Don't know if there should be, but that was the closest thing I could think of!]

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I am unsure as to what might have caused the issue, but perhaps this might help correct it?
Recount Member Posts
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: