Home Page

Started by thinklab71, April 03, 2018, 12:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinklab71

Can I remove the stats from the Index page so it does not show how many post there are for each parent

Pipke

you mean this output
3,736,826 Posts in 447,705 Topics by 404,627 Members.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Kindred

no... I assume that he means the post counts column in the BoardIndex

In which case... modify your theme to remove or hide that column in BoardIndex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thinklab71

Thanks,

Is there a way instead of listing all sub parents listing in one column, I can do it in 3 column.  Not the child, the sub parent on the 2nd page?

Illori

what is a sub parent? we dont use that term, we have parent boards, child boards and grand child boards. grand child boards dont show on the board index.

Kindred

sure... there's always a way --- if you know how to code it.

However, to be quite blunt. You should NOT try to do that.
The boardindex query is one of the more expensive (in terms of server resources) in the system - and purposefully does things the way they are done to avoid huge overhead.

If you have boards buried 2 and 3 levels deep, I might suggest that you are probably configuring things poorly and there are probably better ways to arrange things.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thinklab71

If I pm you my site, can you give me your idea?

Advertisement: