Iframe help please.

Started by Meanman, April 30, 2018, 05:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meanman

Hi, I want to add an iframe to a post on the forum for a calorie calculator but can't seem to find how to do it, any help would be great thank you.

Kindred

no, because allowing that would be a security issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

As admin you should be able to do it with html.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

[html] *code here* [/html]

Only works for admins.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Meanman

Thank you all so much, i wonder if there is a plugin for calorie counting, my site is going to be a healthy lifestyle site.

Meanman

Thank you so much,  how would I commission a calorie counter plugin? my site is about healthy living.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Meanman on May 01, 2018, 06:08:56 AM
Thank you so much,  how would I commission a calorie counter plugin? my site is about healthy living.

Put in a request at the request board.

skb

Do you mean something like https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator

We use TinyPortal blocks that run JavaScript for calculators on our site.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Meanman

Thank you both.
Hi SKB, that is exactly what I am looking for do you know how I could implement this on my forum that is in the process of being built, there is nothing much there yet [nofollow]

skb

This should help you get started

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34845207/calorie-calculator-javascript-form

Suggest you have a look at my site's calculators.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Meanman

Thanks for your help but that is way above my skill level.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Meanman on May 01, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

If you use that portal mod mentioned above, all you can do is copy/paste that code in a html block and you will be good to go.

Meanman

I looked at the link given but it seems the code has problems and someone has cleaned it up but in two or three parts.

skb

Quote from: Meanman on May 01, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

It was for me too. But don't give up. Keep tinkering and you'll be able to get through. There are a lot of helpful sites on the internet.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

CreativeITWorld.com

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 01, 2018, 02:01:39 AM

[html] *code here* [/html]

Only works for admins.

The HTML code no longer works in PHP7.

Quote from: SMF 2.0.15 with PHP7The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

@rjen

Maybe so, but it works for me, and I am on PHP7.1...

so there may be another problem causing you that error...

[html]<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1QKnkPPq46B5s4lIl1rGK_zgDB8UO6L6L" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
[/html]
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I doubt the PHP version is at fault, probably something else happened.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

I mean, there are changes in PHP internals that did affect that... but in 5.5, not 7. In the other thread I asked for a list of mods because I'm willing to bet it's a mod that changed something and the mod isn't 7 compatible.

Advertisement: