News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mobile SMF

Started by Biology Forums, May 11, 2018, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Could the owners of this website add a mobile version, given that it's impractical to use the desktop version on a mobile device?

Thanks

Kindred

there will be a responsive theme when this site upgrades to 2.1

poll removed as it was trollish and we're not changing until 2.1 anyway
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on May 11, 2018, 07:51:47 PM
there will be a responsive theme when this site upgrades to 2.1

poll removed as it was trollish and we're not changing until 2.1 anyway

We've been waiting for a mobile theme since 2015. I don't think a new version of SMF is needed to add mobile capability, only requires a few CSS alterations.

BAD management :o

shawnb61

The responsive curve theme works great.   Close enough until 2.1 is available:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4040
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

No, he's demanding that we install a mobile theme here...

And the answer is - as I said - when 2.1 is installed, we will have a responsive theme. We will never have a mobile theme, though.

Incidentally, I have been using this site with a mobile device for years now with very little trouble.  While not optimized, it is not really difficult, either.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

If you really feel that way, why not remove mobile usability on your own websites?

Kindred

I don't have a mobile version on my own site...   :P

But, let's be clear, your language continues to be trollish. It's not "mobile usability".  It's correctly called responsive design.
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

I am with Kindred I visit this site on mobile devices alot and seldom have issues.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: