News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CSS File "Quote" text size

Started by njtweb, May 16, 2018, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Which file contains the "Quoted" text size? I'd like to increase mine because it's too small to read if there's multiple lines of text.

Thank you!

Antes

Change blockquote.bbc_standard_quote 's font-size value (index.css).

Sir Osis of Liver

index.css

/* A quote, perhaps from another post. */
blockquote.bbc_standard_quote, blockquote.bbc_alternate_quote
{
font-size: x-small;
color: #000;
line-height: 1.4em;
background: url(../images/theme/quote.png) 0.1em 0.1em no-repeat;
border-top: 2px solid #99A;
border-bottom: 2px solid #99A;
padding: 1.1em 1.4em;
margin: 0.1em 0 0.3em 0;
overflow: auto;
}

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

njtweb

I tried changing that from small, to large to x-large and nothing changes. Do I have to got to maintenance and clear the cache for the change to take effect?

I tried everything, 25px, 100%, 150%, small, large, x-large. I emptied the cache after each try and nothing changes.

EDIT: I guess 8th time is the charm. I changed from x-small to 135% and that worked.

Kindred

with each change, did you clear your forum and browser cache?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

I only did the admin>Maintenance>Forum Maintenance>Routine>Empty File Cache task each time. Am I supposed to be doing that and the browser? I assumed that was all that needed to be done.

Kindred

no. you definitely need to clear the browser cache even more so than the server cache.

CTRL-F5 to reload a page with no cache
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on May 16, 2018, 02:28:22 PM
no. you definitely need to clear the browser cache even more so than the server cache.

CTRL-F5 to reload a page with no cache

Got it. Thank you

Advertisement: