News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't delete a theme after forum reset

Started by kittonium, June 26, 2018, 08:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittonium

I've reinstalled my forum (2.0.14 to 2.0.15) but kept the same database.

I need to remove icecube, as i don't have it anymore (doesn't exist in the files)
but theres no check, but theres a check to remove the Default (???)
how can i set the default to Default and remove icecube?

GigaWatt

You have to delete it from the database. Open the database in phpMyAdmin and look for the *something*_themes (most likely smf_themes) table. Click on it and set the sorting of the table by the id_theme column, but in a reverse order (from a larger to a smaller value). The Core theme should have a value of 2, the Curve theme should have a value of 1. Any other theme should have a value greater than 1 or 2. Delete all rows that don't contain a 1 or a 2 in the id_theme column and that should leave you with only the core themes to choose from. Don't forget to do a clear reload of the admin menu (Ctrl + F5) after you do this.

Oh, and of course, make a database backup before you do any of this ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

You have something very wrong. You should never be able to delete the default theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

I was not referring to the default theme, I was referring to icecube_20rc5. If it was the only other theme installed except the core and default theme, it should have an id_theme value of 3. Deleting all rows that contain an id_theme value other than 1 or 2, should get rid of all of other themes that appear in the Themes Admin menu.

And definitely do not delete any rows that contain an id_theme value of 1 or 2. Those are the settings for the default and core themes. In any case, first make a backup of the database before you do anything inside phpMyAdmin.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think Kindred was referring to the picture, it has the option to delete Default, but not the icecube. There's something fishy.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Advertisement: