News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mail queue stuck

Started by arreferee, July 03, 2018, 09:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arreferee

I sent out an announcement to my members late yesterday afternoon.  When I left, the mail queue was flowing as expected.  When I checked it this morning, it hasn't moved in 15 hours.  Any ideas what could cause that?

Arantor

Was anyone visiting the site during that time?

arreferee

Quote from: Arantor on July 03, 2018, 09:40:51 AM
Was anyone visiting the site during that time?

There have been numerous visitors since I started sending the announcement. 

arreferee

I have around 1650 members and there are 1487 items in the mail queue so ~160 were sent yesterday afternoon.

Arantor

People visiting the site is what makes the queue send something. In that period you mention, those 15 hours, it seems like there were no visitors...

arreferee

Quote from: Arantor on July 03, 2018, 09:50:28 AM
People visiting the site is what makes the queue send something. In that period you mention, those 15 hours, it seems like there were no visitors...

There were 14,235 hits yesterday and I know a lot of them were after I sent the announcement.  Plus, there have been lots of visitors this morning and the queue hasn't moved.

Arantor

Is it flowing right now?

arreferee

Arantor

So what changed 15 hours ago? Any errors in the error log?

arreferee

Quote from: Arantor on July 03, 2018, 10:08:45 AM
So what changed 15 hours ago? Any errors in the error log?

I don't see anything around that time that has anything to do with the mail queue.  I have a couple of undefined errors.  I don't think those are related, but I'll post them just in case:

d598b5031055bc6f6f5de9daeacb3338
Type of error: Undefined
http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?
8: Undefined offset: 334
File: /home/gjacks7/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Line: 178

d598b5031055bc6f6f5de9daeacb3338
Type of error: Undefined
http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?
8: Undefined offset: 333
File: /home/gjacks7/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Line: 164

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you check your server error log too? Anything related? PHP errors, time outs?

Could you also attach the BoardIndex.template.php here?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

arreferee

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 14, 2018, 04:28:16 AM
Could you check your server error log too? Anything related? PHP errors, time outs?

Could you also attach the BoardIndex.template.php here?

It started moving again after several days and it has been able to keep up now.  I'm not sure what was going on with it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, are we ready to call this solved then?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

arreferee

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Marked  as solved. But if it does occur again, feel free to post back and we can continue from here.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

arreferee

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 16, 2018, 09:53:49 AM
Marked  as solved. But if it does occur again, feel free to post back and we can continue from here.

Thank you.

Advertisement: