News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Lazarus

Started by SychO, July 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Link to the theme

Lazarus SMF Theme

Author: SychO

Lazarus, is a Simple & Responsive SMF Theme, Black&White and a little Blue.
NOTICE: Some Pages/Tables May not be responsive

Mockups Provided by Dunnnk

QuoteCopyright (C) 2018 SychO (M.S)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
----------------------------------
Tooltipster, Developed and maintained by Caleb Jacob and Louis Ameline under the MIT license

2021.08.17 - Update
-----------------------
!Removed author footer copyright line.

2018.08.16 - Update
-----------------------
!Changed jQuery to no conflict mode
+Added Support for SimplePortal
!Fixed a few minor bugs

If you'd like to show support, you can Donate
Arigato !

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

d3vcho

It's looking pretty good. Nice job :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

GigaWatt

Really like the design... it's modern, dark, but not too dark (I usually don't like dark themes) ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Chalky

I love it!  The colours, the modernness, the blockyness.... and it looks amazing on mobile!

A couple of things on mobile though, well 3:

1. The menu opens and closes but is invisible, you can see in the screenshot that only the very top slice is visible;

2. The logo disappears off the screen;

3.  The news fader displays on all pages instead of just the board index.

All these can be seen in the attached screenshot.  I'm viewing this on an iPhone X running iOS 11.2.6.

-Rock Lee-

It seems very interesting after a while I see if I try it, anything I post again!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

SychO

Quote from: Chalky on July 04, 2018, 03:50:46 PM
1. The menu opens and closes but is invisible, you can see in the screenshot that only the very top slice is visible;

2. The logo disappears off the screen;

3.  The news fader displays on all pages instead of just the board index.

1. I don't understand how that can be, I tried recreating the problem using emulators, but no luck
I'll keep trying to fix it though.

2. Should be fixed.

3. I added an option to restrict it to Boardindex only (on mobile)

Thanks you all for the feedback
Checkout My Themes:
-

Chalky

1. It's theme 20 on chalkcat.com if it helps to see it there.  I do have a ton of mods but I'm without a test site at the moment to experiment with a clean install.

2. The logo looks great now, thank you!

3. Good idea!  However this setting currently seems to disable the news fader from all pages, including the board index...

Edit: Just spotted a minor detail in that the "latest member" fa-user icon still appears in the info centre (both desktop and mobile) when " Show latest member on board index" is disabled in the theme settings.  It doesn't show the latest member, just the icon.

SychO

Quote from: Chalky on July 05, 2018, 07:36:51 AM
this setting currently seems to disable the news fader from all pages, including the board index...

That has to do with the boardindex testing condition, seems like I had to tweak it for certain forums  ???
Checkout My Themes:
-

Chalky

Just to let you know that other members on my forum report that the menu is working perfectly on their mobiles, so it seems it's just my phone doing something funky.  I'll update my iOS and see if that helps.

I've been trialling various responsive themes with a view to replacing the theme we've been using for the past 6 years with something more modern.  I think this one could be the winner  :D

GigaWatt

Are there plans to port this theme to 2.1?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

SychO

Quote from: Chalky on July 05, 2018, 05:08:48 PM
Just to let you know that other members on my forum report that the menu is working perfectly on their mobiles, so it seems it's just my phone doing something funky.  I'll update my iOS and see if that helps.

I've been trialling various responsive themes with a view to replacing the theme we've been using for the past 6 years with something more modern.  I think this one could be the winner  :D

I don't think it's your phone, some mobile browsers sometimes require workarounds  :-\

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 05, 2018, 05:22:40 PM
Are there plans to port this theme to 2.1?

yes, I'm planning to do so once a stable 2.1 version is released.
Checkout My Themes:
-

GigaWatt

Thanks, would love to try this on 2.1 ;).

Biology Forums

It's a very eye-pleasing theme. I like the search modal, I think I might have to do something like that on my forum.

A little off-topic but how do you create those promotional images of the website being displayed on different screens?

SychO

Quote from: Study Force on July 05, 2018, 10:34:38 PM
A little off-topic but how do you create those promotional images of the website being displayed on different screens?

It's Already Mentioned in the topic mate:

Quote from: SychO on July 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Mockups Provided by Dunnnk

Checkout My Themes:
-

lazo50

Excellent work, the theme I really like.
I ask you a little help: how do you insert the external link in the configuration of the theme? is it possible to change the icon?
Thank you

SychO

Quote from: lazo50 on July 06, 2018, 10:45:38 AM
how do you insert the external link in the configuration of the theme?

if this is what you mean:

Then just navigate to Current Theme (Admin->Configuration->Current Theme)
Scroll down to social media links.

is it possible to change the icon?

Unfortunately that is not possible, but I can guide on how to do it if you really want to.

Checkout My Themes:
-

lazo50

I tried to insert an external link to the forum, but when I click on the icon opens the forum administration.

SychO

Quote from: lazo50 on July 06, 2018, 11:32:08 AM
I tried to insert an external link to the forum, but when I click on the icon opens the forum administration.

Ah, I had updated the package where I fixed smthn related to that, try downloading the latest one here,
once you do that, make sure that when you fill a link to include http://
Checkout My Themes:
-

lazo50

Quote from: SychO on July 06, 2018, 12:04:42 PM
Quote from: lazo50 on July 06, 2018, 11:32:08 AM

Ah, I had updated the package where I fixed smthn related to that, try downloading the latest one here,
once you do that, make sure that when you fill a link to include http://

Thanks it works.
If it does not bother you too much I would like to change the icons with this "fas fa-at" and the "more" label with "Contact US".

TNX

PS. If it's easier for you I can send you my email.

SychO

I've UPDATED the package with a potential fix for the menu issue in some mobiles, some css fixes that had to be done, and added icon&label options for the External link.

Quote from: Chalky on July 04, 2018, 03:50:46 PM
is it possible to change the icon?

Checkout My Themes:
-

Advertisement: